14.

Thoughtful & Amiable

Hinata sniffled for the nth time that day

As the winter was around the corner, the weather had been pretty chilly around the region and somehow the redhead had caught cold.

He was dusting off the shelves and books, keeping an eye on the customers, simultaneously. It was pretty quiet for a weekday. Oikawa was on his counter, looking bored. The man gave him a faint smile when their eyes met for a fleeting moment and then looked away. He had been a bit cold towards him for a couple of days now, much to Hinata's confusion. He does not reckon doing something wrong or being disrespectful towards Oikawa.

Moreover, even Atsumu sounded a bit off. They only texted a few times in the past couple of days, and Hinata could tell that the man was hiding something from him. Even from his messages, he could tell his tone was a bit distant. It worried him. Atsumu was a sweet person and his sudden negligence towards him really hurt the boy. Did he do something unknowingly?

He didn't like being ignored by two of his favorite people. It really pained him.

'Achew!'

He whined under his breath, already annoyed with the constant sniffling and these occasional sneezes.

"God bless you."

His ears perked up at the familiar voice. He turned around to face the man properly and adjusted his mask. "Thank you." He mumbled softly. The only person who had been acting the same way towards him was Tsukishima.

"Seems like you are coming down with something." The blonde pointed out.

Hinata waved his hand in a dismissing manner and chuckled. "I don't usually fall ill. This is just some stupid cold." He sniffled.

Tsukishima looked over at the boy, noticing how minimally he was dressed according to the weather. "A cardigan alone won't keep you warm, Itsy bitsy." He seemed to be slightly worried and that warmed Hinata's heart.

"Don't worry, Tsukishima-san. I'm good and there's a heating system in here. I'd be fine." He dismissed him again. Albeit the statement, he felt like his throat was getting a bit scratchy and even his eyes were feeling a little heavy.

"You should take a day off."

The redhead shook his head stubbornly. He did not want to go back to his flat and overthink his and Atsumu's situation all over again. At least, his work took his mind off the messed up conditions. "Oikawa-san is alone today. Chiaki-chan is also on a leave today." He muttered, referring to his coworker.

"There's not much crowd today. I'm sure he'll be fine." Tsukishima leaned back to peek at Oikawa, who was mindlessly staring out of the bookstore. "He's doing nothing anyway." He muttered bitterly. Hinata was clearly under the weather and was not doing well, and this did not sit well with Tsukishima that he still had to work. He wanted the lovely boy to take a rest.