30.

supposedly a peaceful weekend

『 supposedly a peaceful weekend 』

"You live alone."

"Hm..."

"Hmm..."

It was getting colder with each passing day as they were well into December. The trees had shed all the leaves and were now covered in snow just like the streets and other surroundings.

It has also been a little over a month since their awkward confession. Much to Tsukishima's comfort, there was no speck of  awkwardness between them anymore. If anything, Hinata was way more affectionate towards him than he actually imagined. They actually got pretty close pretty quickly.

As a cold gust of wind brushed past them, Tsukishima shivered subtly and pulled his coat tighter in hopes of some coziness. He looked down at the orange head through the corner of his eyes, a little confused by his sudden exclamation about his living arrangements.

"Will you please elaborate?" He scoffed, but flinched away immediately as Hinata shoved the grocery bag they just shopped for, square in his face. "Oi!"

"I was just implying that don't you think all these groceries are a little too much for you alone?" The redhead raised a brow questioningly.

Tsukishima gave a blank nod, shrugging his shoulders simultaneously. "It's not for me."

"Huh?" The redhead was a little taken aback. "I thought I was the only one you were interested in, Tsukishima-san. But here you are, inviting people behind my back."

The accusation was made in a joking manner. The man, however, didn't want Hinata to question his sincerity even out of humor. "For you, Hinata. It is for you too." He spoke in a monotone, quickly eyeing the boy before continuing. "Because we hang around a lot more at my place, and you like snacking so-!"

"You are just cute, you know. In every book of mine, you are just cute, Tsukishima-san." Hinata chuckled, teasingly shoulder-checking the man. "I was joking."

"I know." The teacher muttered, quickly taking another look at the boy. "You are the only one."

Hinata was once caught off-guard. He was not expecting anything serious out of this conversation, honestly. Although he kept quiet, he was comforted by those words.

Even after spending half of their time with each other at the blonde's place, they never actually did anything more than sitting across from each other and talking. It was like their arrangement was fixed. Both of them sitting on other ends of the table, working on their stuff and talking about everything and nothing.

No act of affection was ever initiated by either of them. Ever.

They just liked each other in silence.

"It's so cold today." Hinata broke the silence, frowning softly at the man. It was actually rather freezing outside. The two of them wanted nothing but to quickly reach Tsukishima's place to get away from the biting weather.