18.

Sweet mornings & Concern

『 Sweet mornings & Concern 』

"Mhm... you are not burning hot anymore." Tsukishima removed his hand off Hinata's forehead and put a thermometer in the boy's mouth. "Under the tongue." He instructed softly.

Following morning, Hinata was woken up by someone gently caressing his head, which automatically reminded him of his mother. However, he was met with the sight of the blonde teacher, who had retracted his hand back as quickly as possible when he saw the redhead stirring awake.

Once the little equipment beeped, Tsukishima pulled it out of Hinata's mouth and checked the tiny screen for the temperature. "Better than yesterday." He turned his attention from the thermometer to the redhead and raised a brow quizzically. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired."

His voice has gotten even more nasally than before and throat was feeling somewhat itchy. His skin and lips barely had any color, and his body felt somewhat weak.

Hinata hasn't felt that horrible in so long. The whole scene seemed like something from his childhood, complaining to his mother whilst she would coo lovingly at him and take his care. Tsukishima was more like a father though. He shook those stupid thoughts away and sleepily blinked at the man. "Time?"

"It's six in the morning."

Hinata gasped softly, throwing a look of disbelief in Tsukishima's direction. "That's illegal to wake-" he was cut off by a throaty cough, continuing again "... ahem, - wake someone up this early!" He brought his fingers to make a cross sign and shook his head disapprovingly. "It's a big no, Tsukishima-san."

If only mornings were this cute and colorful for the blonde everyday, he'd be even more motivated for his day.

"It's a workday." Tsukishima responded briefly, "Go back to sleep though. I will be here when you wake up."

Hinata was bemused.

Dumbfounded, he blinked a couple of times, before shaking his trance off. "Are you- erm, are you taking off because of me?" He would feel really bad if the man actually took a leave from his work for him. However, the possibility of Tsukishima taking an off for him made his heart flutter warmly.

"You don't have to, Tsukishima-san. I'm strong!" He exclaimed to sound firm and pumped his fists halfway in the air in determination.

Tsukishima concluded that even in the crack of dawn or dead in the night, Hinata was capable of being a lovable airhead any time of the day. Jokingly, he gently tapped his knuckles on the shorter lad's head and smirked. "And why would I do that? More so, for you?"

A wave of embarrassment took over the redhead, knotting his stomach. Tsukishima breathed out a jibing chuckle, registering Hinata's mortification.

"Sh-Should I get ready too?"