34.

[ im so embarrassed updating this. ]

New year shenanigans

"Tsukishima-san, smile!"

Click! Click! Click!

It was new year's eve. The two of them had made no particular plans to go out and celebrate. They rather wanted to spend time and welcome the new year alone. It was actually Hinata's idea, which had initially surprised Tsukishima; however, he wasn't going to complain about such a grand idea.

He'd rather stay home with Hinata than go out to party in such cold weather.

"W—Oi!"

Like some treasured possession, Hinata hugged his phone close to his heart and crooned loudly. "Although you didn't smile, I adore them!" He exclaimed, checking the three pictures of his boyfriend. All of them were just Tsukishima being caught off-guard and grimacing. To him, they were nonetheless cute.

"I don't like taking pictures."

The blonde went right back to reading his book with a reflective expression on his face.

According to Hinata, Tsukishima was most expressive while reading his books. So from his position— lying stomach first on the ground— he decided to watch his boyfriend and click his pictures now and then.

"Hinata, stop it!"

The sound of the camera going off every few minutes was really bothering Tsukishima. The idea of taking pictures willingly or surprisingly getting caught into it was quite bothersome.

"But my 'favorite person' folder won't have enough pictures then."

Tsukishima, who was comfortably lounging on his couch while reading his book, suddenly became rather sheepish because of the reply. The difference between him and Hinata was that Hinata always spoke what he felt whereas he'd rather be buried with his sappy feelings than speaking them out loud.

"Pl- Please go back to whatever you were doing." He muttered, yet again burying his nose in the book. You are my favorite person too.

"So taking your pictures?"

"Before that!" His boyfriend really always tried to get on his nerves.

With a short sign, Hinata sat up, folding his knees underneath himself. "I was thinking of you only, really." His mouth was formed in a faint pout, eyes reminding Tsukishima of a puppy. "You are always there in my mind. Don't you think that's only fair, Tsukishima-san?" He tilted his head in a quizzical manner. "What about you?"