21.

Confrontation

Atsumu-san:Be there in 10

Atsumu-san:
Be there in 10.

Hinata was completely collywobbles throughout the day; however, when the time for his shift came to an end, and he received the message from Atsumu, the boy was a nervous wreck. He hasn't seen or heard from the older man for almost a week, and now, finally when they are meeting up, Hinata wasn't sure what or how he is going to start a conversation.

Perhaps I should initiate with an apology. Or should I act all chummy? No, no, that would be quite unfair towards Atsumu-san!

A short groan left his mouth as he strained his thoughts to cook up something decent for initiating a conversation. While Hinata was in the middle of his quandary, Atsumu had reached outside the store. Stoically, he walked upto the front counter and gave Oikawa a nod of acknowledgement. He was holding to-go coffee cups.

"Why are you even doing this when you definitely aren't ready for a closure, Atsumu?" The brunette whisper-shouted at his friend, genuinely concerned. "You- you should've taken your time!"

"I am ready." Atsumu mumbled dejectedly, he turned a bit to glance at the rows of aisles and then sighed. "I should've known better than this— what we had was bound to never last." For the whole week, the fake blonde had sulked and dwell on his miserable fallout with the redhead whom he colossally adored. "I should've listened to Kuroo."

Oikawa sucked air through his teeth, clearly frustrated with his friend. "Okay- okay, you do you. Talk it out with him and please, uh, please if things go.. um, wrong— though I hope they don't— know that, that I am only a call away." The man offered his friend a small, but genuine smile. "Although it's Shō-chan we are talking about, I doubt he'd intentionally try to hurt you."

"I know," Atsumu whispered, swallowing thickly. He was visibly agonised over the whole ordeal. "I'll wait outside."

As Atsumu exited the store, Oikawa sauntered over to the aisles, looking for the redhead. He found Hinata in a corner of the store, fidgeting and shuffling nervously on his feet, lost in his thoughts. "I wonder if I'll pay you to unwind around the store, Shō-chan?"

Hinata jolted back in his place, entirely shook up by the sudden appearance of the store owner. "Oikawa-san!" He squeaked out in astonishment, trying to regain his nerves. "I- uh, I— I.. I was-!"

"I know." Oikawa chuckled. "He's here, waiting for you. Go."

"Oh..." The redhead whispered under his breath, a sudden feeling of dread took over him. "I'm scared."

"Of Atsumu?"

"Confrontation." Hinata corrected him, letting out a shaky breath. "I didn't mean to hurt him, Oikawa-san. I d- don't even know what caused h-him to drift off." Anxiously, he fisted the front of his shirt and leaned against the closest bookshelf. "I'm... I'm clueless."