23.

A thank you present

Cannoli; an Italian dessert

Italian desserts seemed more tempting than Japanese one.

Granted, although it was a weekend, sitting around with no purpose seemed fairly useless and a waste of all his energy to Hinata. The redhead could never actually laze around, he always loved to be on the move and learning new stuff.

Another reason would definitely be his thoughts from the previous night. Atsumu might have let him off easily, but the hurt flashing in his eyes never settled right in Hinata's mind. Evidently, the man was trying to hold himself back and the redhead was quite ashamed of his decisions.

In order to push those thoughts back, he had decided to be a little productive.

I like sweets.

Like a blessing, the voice had replayed itself in his memory, alerting him about the activity he could carry out to keep himself busy for the time being.

The boy was moderately good at cooking; nevertheless, he had never before worked with desserts. However, there's always a first time for something. He was yet to show his thankfulness towards Tsukishima for taking his care and since, the man had once openly admitted that he was fond of sweets, this seemed like a perfect opportunity.

For the duration of the morning, the lad searched through the internet for a good dessert and cannolis appeared to be the easiest option. Moreover, he checked through his kitchen if he had the required ingredients, and when he didn't find a couple of them, he made a quick run to the nearest convenience store and picked up everything needed for the Italian pastry.

It took him a couple of hours to whip it all up. The hardest part he found was the making and shaping of the tubular shells for the pastry. Nonetheless, the boy worked and tried his best to prepare the sweet delicacy for the older man.

Honestly, Hinata wasn't very confident about handing them to Tsukishima. In a way, the man made him quite conscious. The confession in the picture had made it even more difficult for the boy to face the man. Every time he would look at the bespectacled man, he was reminded of the other evening when Tsukishima had admitted his feelings.

Anyway, he did not intend to make things further awkward between them. If anything, he himself was a bit interested in knowing the man. Hinata was just a little buzzed up about the ordeal.

If he was being honest to himself, he might be having just a little crush on the man as the blonde was intriguing in the best way possible, which gave the redhead even more reasons to get to acquaint him closely.

Happily, he packed the good looking ones dessert in a clear container and then quickly smartened up. Taming his wild locks seemed a bit much of a monotonous chore. Instead of brushing them properly, he pulled on a beanie over his head. Once he was properly spruced up, he collected the dessert box and dashed out of his house.