27.

a little longer

『 a little longer 』

Ten minutes.

Ten minutes had gone since either one had talked.

Tsukishima was slumped against the boundary wall, absolutely regretting his decision to open his mouth. Perhaps following through Yamaguchi's suggestion wasn't the best option. Basically, the man was having an existential crisis.

Meanwhile, Hinata was completely spaced out. There were zero thoughts in his mind, staring blankly into the thin air, although his face was glowing with a soft flush. The boy was entirely giddy though.

Could it be a dream?

"Listen... um hello? — I, uh, I am a minute away from killing myself— fuck!" The blonde groaned loudly, pulling at his hair with an unpleasant look crossing his face. "No- you know what, just forget it, please!"

"... Yes, forget it," The man repeated himself again, but timidly. He didn't know confessing would be such a daunting task. He took a peek at the boy, and it scared him how absentminded the redhead seemed.

The loud groan from Tsukishima startled Hinata out of his trance. One look at the man, and he was yet again spiraling and a blushing mess. However, Tsukishima didn't particularly look great. He seemed rather troubled. This was the first time he had seen the man lose his calm absolutely.

The blonde cleared his throat loudly and tried to regain his composure to look stern, failing visibly. He still continued, "Emotions are for weak. They make me uncomfortable."

"You are clearly overstating!" Hinata squeaked out, quickly pulling Tsukishima's hands off his hair. His blonde locks looked like a mess, sticking wilding in every direction. "It's normal- please," He hoped that no one would pass by them and witness their miserable state.

"Feelings are stupid."

"Huh?!" Hinata grunted, he was sort of fed up with the little fit that Tsukishima was throwing like some child. "Are you saying that your feelings for me are stupid? Then why bother telling them to me?!"

Tsukishima lifted his head from his hands, and blinked twice, dumbfounded to register Hinata's words. "You overemphasized my words."

"Just like you catastrophized yours a minute ago. Aren't you supposed to be the calm one? It's like our roles are reversed." Quietly, Hinata kneeled in front of the man, a stern look on his face. "If these feelings irks you out, then I'd rather you get rid of them."

Not a chance.

Tsukishima, exhausted from his previous, unnecessary, absolutely embarrassing breakdown, closed his eyes and breathed out loudly, giving a little headshake. "I think I overreacted."

"You think?" Hinata quietly chuckled. "It's okay, you— um.. you know." Hesitantly, he reached out to pat the older man's head. "You don't have to act upon these feelings if they are so difficult for you."