A Polish With A Mexican Soul

Chapter Four

The dim light of the yellow lamps of the hotel gave the restaurant an appealing and romantic aura. Robert moved his head slightly to the left whilst he held a glass of whiskey in his hand, he was about to turn his head to the other side when he saw me. He stood up and beamed at me, he didn't raise up the bunch of peonies from the table so I guessed I just freaked out and thought they were for me. On the outside, it had started raining heavily again, now the sky was completely dark and nothing could be seen for more than a meter. I arrived to the bar and I could feel Robert's perfect shaved skin touching lightly with my cheek as he doubled kissed me, lingering the moment.

"You look beautiful this night" Robert flirted.

"Thanks, you look very handsome too" I smiled. Words can't express how handsome and hot he was looking. He was like a melting ice-cream in the middle of the desert waiting to be eaten, no eaten no, devoured. Every girl in the restaurant had watched him at least once and some men did it too. "Shall we head to our table then?"

"Sure, but first. I've got something for you" Robert said as he turned himself over the table of the bar and picked up the bunch of peonies before he handed them to me.

"Robert you shouldn't have" I said.

"It's in signal of gratitude, you don't know how this little dinner is helping me out" Robert said shyly, his blue eyes shined more while he looked at the floor.

Before I could ask him what was happening, an elegantly-dressed waiter came up and told us to follow him. He gently asked me if he could take the bunch of peonies to my room and then he started walking towards the table. Robert straighten and buttoned his jacket before walking after us, every woman tried to look at him prudently but I laughed at how obvious they were. The waiter stopped before a table facing the street, the table was covered with a golden tablecloth and a flower base with white roses on it. On the outside the lights of the restaurant made the sidewalk shine along the rain. After Robert and I sat down, the waiter handed us the menu, most of the dishes were really fancy and really elaborated, prepared based on international cuisine with exotic ingredients and hard-founding seafood, caviar and Pinot noir. I frowned at the menu, canard à l'orange, risotti immerso in una salsa di ceci e pomodori. What the hell was that? Most of the dishes were written in Italian and French. Robert was staring at me with a smile on his face, supporting his head against his fists.

"What?" I asked funnily.

"Nothing, nothing" Robert replied smiling. "It's just you look cute frowning at the menu." He added.

"This dish names are kind of complicated" I laughed.

"Yes they are. The worst part is that they end up being a plate filled with noodles and tomato sauce" Robert joked pointing at the penne in salsa di pomodoro e anice Mediterraneo.

"It seems like you have a lot of experience in this kind of restaurants" I teased him.

"If I'm being honest..." he drew nearer. "I like more eating Mexican tacos or burritos, oh and don't talk about the enchiladas and the nachos!"

"Wait. Weren't you from Poland? You seem very Mexican to me" I laughed.

"Yeah. Warsaw to be more specific. What about you?" Robert replied.

"I'm from Montana in the U.S. If you don't know what that is" I smiled.

"Montana, yes! Like Hannah Montana?" Robert joked.

"Kind of" I laughed.

"I know a really good place near here, it's called La Parrilla de Pepe Guancho, I know it sounds like lame but it's worth it" Robert whispered. His Spanish accent was so bad yet so cute that I couldn't dismiss him.