Forever Mine, Forever Yours, Forever Us

Chapter Twenty-seven [Final Chapter]

It was a sunny day in Rome's downtown as the sunlight entered through the castle-like cathedral's window. Isabella watched herself in the mirror while she caressed her sparkling wedding dress. The puffy, pure diamond-covered, 70.000 dollar couture dress, shaped her body beautifully. Even though that overly expensive dress was made to perfection, Isabella felt like she couldn't breathe, she felt trapped, overwhelmed and anxious; all the opposite emotions to what a normal person should be feeling in the day of their wedding.

Isabella's mother arranged the white flowers in Isabella's coiffure when she noticed that her daughter was having an awkward time looking at herself in the mirror. Her mother knew in the inside that Francesco was a great man: intelligent, successful, protective and respectful. It didn't matter how much she liked him, she always had known that Isabella's love towards Robert had never completely faded away. Needless to say, after all, it was her decision to make and she was truly glad she had chosen the best man for her.

Robert, on the other side, had travelled to Rome that same week because internally he knew that Isabella was going to marry Francesco that weekend, how could he not when all the media had gone crazy about the most desirable Italian bachelor finally getting married with a charming and gorgeous lawyer. However, he had convinced himself that traveling to Rome was going to be the best way to «shrug off the stress». The relationship between Adriana and Robert had neglected and deteriorated the following days after Isabella appeared in their lives. Robert realized how annoying and spoiled she was; he was stunned by her beauty, nevertheless, he felt that she wasn't the one for him, mostly after she dumped him in the airport.

«If you dare to get into that jet, I'm breaking up with you» Adriana shouted, she was pissed.

«I'm sorry, Adriana» Robert shrugged. «I need to go.»

«Will you dare to tear down this relationship, just to be with your ex?» Adriana demanded, tears streaming down her face. She has never felt so rejected. «On her wedding day?»

«This isn't about her» Robert turned over his heel and started walking towards the gate. «I'm doing this for me.»

«This is not a movie, Lewy» Adriana shouted as the distance between them increased. «She won't leave her handsome and billionaire future husband for you.»

Robert stared out the window, admiring the Roman Coliseum as he waited for his tuxedo to arrive. He was going to sneak into the Leori-Clark wedding in order to see his girl one last time. He would merge between the 3,000 guests, buy an expensive gift for the lovebirds and enjoy a free five-course meal with a 1984 Romanee-Conti DCR Cabernet and try to get drunk with a 20,000 dollar bottle of champagne. The knocks in the door interrupted his thoughts and forced him to open it. A tall man held his tuxedo in a satin black suit-holder, he felt rather generous and gave him a tip of 500 euros. After all, he bought Isabella a 12,000 dollar Lalique grand base so, he could afford spending quite a few more money than his monthly budget.

 After all, he bought Isabella a 12,000 dollar Lalique grand base so, he could afford spending quite a few more money than his monthly budget