The Lewandowski Effect

Chapter Ten

"Stop" I blurted out.

"What?" Robert smiled mischievously.

"Stop grinning, I can't concentrate" I said.

"Am I distracting you Isabella?" Robert smirked.

"Don't you have anything else to do mr. Lewandowski? Some people are trying to work on here" I replied coolly.

"Nah, I don't see anyone working" Robert chuckled.

"Excuse me?" I quitted my eyes off the computer and looked at him furiously, but it suddenly went away when I saw his smile. Stop it Robert.

"I was just joking, jeez, now I can't even joke" Robert pouted.

I wanted to laugh but that would have given Robert a reason to keep teasing me. The sound of my fingers typing the keyboard broke the awkward silence that was starting to surround us, it had only been two hours since Baizen made me accept him as a my main client. It meant that whatever, whenever and wherever he wanted me, I had to be there unconditionally.

Robert fidgeted quietly in the chair in front of my desk, I looked at him for a couples of seconds while I typed the official record of the lawyer swap. He looked so cute and handsome that I couldn't concentrate and do my thing. It was as if he looked this handsome just to enervate me. I stood up and left the room to collect some copies from the printer. I would just make Robert sign the record and that would be everything for today, at least it was day less to spend with him. I walked back to my office holding the papers in my hands with the perfect master plan in mind, but I felt the door closing behind me when I reentered in the room and my mind went blank, I turned over my heel and Robert was leaning against the door, preventing me for leaving the room.

"Can we talk?" Robert uttered sheepishly.

"If it's work stuff, of course" I replied calmly.

"It's about us" Robert hissed quietly.

"Robert, look, we don't have anything to talk about. Just get over it, okay?" I hissed.

"Isabella, please, I had my reasons for not telling you the truth, it's just that... I realized it so late" Robert explained.

"Mr. Lewandowski, my time is worth 400$ per hour, don't waste your money in pointless things" I blurted.

"I don't care about money Isabella. But, you think what we have is pointless?" Robert asked quietly.

"We never had a thing, we just kissed. But now I realize that it was big mistake" I uttered.

"I don't think it was a mistake, you know" Robert said after a moment of awkward silence. "Even if it was a mistake, I would remake it for the rest of my life, because I really like you Isabella, okay?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "You don't lie to people you like, I always thought you were a nice guy, but now I don't know what to think, I hate to say it, but I'm so confused and bewildered right now."

"Isabella, you don't know how you made me feel the day you asked me my name, I know it sounds silly but knowing a person that didn't know me gave me confidence" Robert said while looking me into the eyes, I hated when he did this to me, using his eyes to neutralize me. I wanted to stop him, but his icy blue eyes had me completely powerless. "I'm just the guy who plays for the Bayern Munich, but no one knows me further than that, they point at me and scream out my name. I can't deal with all the fans, I mean, I love them, but the pressure and the tension is so overwhelming that I can't even have a space for me."