Francesco Leori

Chapter Sixteen

"Isabella, your new client is here" my assistant called through the intercom.

"Thank you, Gretel" I replied before hanging up.

For the last couple of days, I have been called by what sounded like an Italian woman asking me for a rendezvous in my office. The insistence in her calls made Gretel hold over important meetings I had that week and made a special appointment for her; she kept saying that it was very important for her to have the meeting as soon as possible. It, somehow, made me nervous, I had never had a very insisting client, maybe she was facing a sue against drug smuggling or homicide. Nothing too complicated though.

I specter to see a grown woman, but before I could even stand up, a suited man was by the glass door of my office. He stood by the entrance seeming rather restless, looking at his Rolex every two seconds; he looked up at me and we made eye contact. Although his blue eyes were really beautifuL, they were very intimidating and ushered me to attend the door quickly. I could notice that he was very tall and utterly good looking as I approached nearer to the door. As soon as the glass door opened, an expensive fragrance reached my nostrils that made me almost close my eyes. He was the mere image of money and pride portrayed in a handsome and athletic businessman. He politely greeted by nodding slightly, and offered me a sober smile. I stood aside and invited him to enter, offering the same sober smile he made and nodding my head likewise, I didn't do it as elegantly as he did though.

He gracefully examined my office while I closed the door and returned to my leather chair in front of him. Without sitting down, his eyes landed on the piece of paper hanged in the wall as he began reading through every line of my college degree certificate. A playful smirk dawned on his face, but he suddenly erased it off when he noticed I was watching him; however, I could just see his gorgeous face as he finished reading the university's act, I was admiring the panorama. He condescendingly smiled and pointed at my chair.

"After you" he uttered and drove his blue eyes to the leather chair.

"Thank you" I replied hoarsely. I felt stupid.

"What can I do for you?" I added as soon as I sat down and recovered myself.

"My name is Francesco Leori" a sexy Italian accent, I didn't recognized earlier, flowed in his words. "I have heard great things about you, miss Clark, that's why I had to come personally from Italy, to hire you temporarily as my personal attorney. My assistant called to make an appointment, but I wanted to meet you myself; I think that's why you're frowning, right?"

Frowning? I blushed; how unprofessional. I slightly shook my head while I tried to focus. I didn't know what was happening, I didn't have this kind of absentminded episodes, well, since I met Robert, but there was no way I could have a crush on this gentleman; I barely knew his name. There was a lapse of silence while I was trying to analyze what was happening, again.

"Columbia" he commented as I was stuck in my thoughts. "Impressive."

"Thank you" I replied automatically. "How did you know about me? Did you have any references or recommendations?"

"Actually, it was a recommendation" he replied. "A close friend of mine, Keith Leknar, he reviewed your work as passionate and professional. Keith is very serious when it comes to business, so, it was enough to convince me that you were the best on your field."

"Keith Leknar from Leknar Holdings?" I asked.

"New York headquarters" he nodded.