Drunky Yet Nosy

Chapter Twenty-one

"Robert?" Isabella tried to get his attention while he looked out the window mindlessly.

"Yeah?" He replied after shaking his head.

"She asked you, for the fifth time, if you wanted something to drink" she replied annoyed, pointing at the flight attendant.

"No, thank you" he outlined a small smile.

"What's wrong, you've been too quite" she commented as the flight attendant went out of the scene.

"I just want to go home" he shrugged.

Isabella became a lawyer because she knew how to read people perfectly. Even though Robert managed to unstable the barrier that separated her love life with her professional life, she perfectly conserved her skills. She knew that Robert was upset at her, even if he had been denying it for the three times she had asked him, her gut wasn't convinced whatsoever. She needed to know what was going on with Robert; even though she enjoyed the silence, at the beginning, her ears couldn't wait to listen to his voice; he had become a pleasant distraction. She thought about telling him truth about everything while he looked absentmindedly out the window, but she doubted whether it was the right place or time.

Robert hesitated whether to comment about everything he knew or not. He had been holding it inside hoping that Isabella would tell him the truth. He was very upset, and unless she told him everything, this could mean the end of their relationship. He knew that he lied to her in the beginning, but he tried to make it up for her, he apologized and accepted the mistreatment she gave him. Furthermore, this was different, she had set up everything to make it seem like she was okay when she was evidently not. He cared so much about her, even more than he cared about himself, that it hurt him so much she didn't trust him.

The tension between them grew after the pilot announced they were having a delay on the takeoff. Isabella scrolled her finger down through her inbox reading all the mails she had received, Robert looked out the window and begged for it to take off already, so he could pretend he was asleep. He side-viewed Isabella, and he noticed she was focused on her phone. He knew that her phone would die eventually, and she would be forced to talk to him, then he would take advantage of the situation and would make her spill out everything, once for all. Robert knew perfectly well that the only man-known weakness of Isabella was him. He knew how to make her feel uncomfortable, awkward and horny.

"It's going to be up to you to make her talk" Robert thought looking at his fingers.

Isabella's phone died while she was reading a mail. For the first time, she didn't feel pissed about it, she was more concerned about Robert being upset at her. She threw the phone in her purse and stared at Robert after she zipped up her Prada. Robert felt her gaze over him, and instead of avoiding it, he stared back directly. They looked at each other for minutes, he didn't uttered a word, which exasperated Isabella, and she didn't say anything, which overwhelmed Robert. Isabella crossed her arms and exhaled air while Robert kept still, their eye contact was intense, vivid and provocative, well at least for Isabella; she liked that kind of stuff. The silence and the tension between them grew and it was driving Robert crazy, he couldn't resist anymore, if he didn't talk in that same moment, he would make Isabella talk with his abilities.

"What the hell is going on" Isabella break the silence while he elaborated a plan. "You've never been so quite and I want to know what's going on, I'm starting to worry."

"If something bad would be happening, I would tell you" Robert shrugged.

"What do you know" she blurted out abruptly.