The Discordant Abs

Chapter Seventeen

The giggling coming from Gretel's desk didn't let me concentrate on the report I was writing for Leori. She was so loud that the thick glass door couldn't retain the giggles from passing into my ears. After 15 minutes of struggling against her noisy laugh, I decided to make her shut up. I stood up and walked towards the door, she was in her desk looking at the screen of her computer. As got out of my office, Gretel's joy halted dryly and acted as if she has been working the whole time.

"What's going on Gretel" I looked at her.

"Nothing, Isabella" she replied. "Mr. Francesco Leori called, he said he will be passing by in an hour."

"I don't want to hear you giggling again" I ordered. "It's distracting."

"I'm sorry" she apologized.

"What were you giggling at" I demanded. "If it was a meme about me, I'm gonna kick your ass out."

"No" she denied immediately. "Well, it's not specifically about you, but about your... Boyfriend?"

"Robert?" I asked to myself rather than to her.

"Yes! The handsome football player" she sighed. "The one that was here the other day."

"Whatever" I sneered. "Let me see."

I felt the demon possess my body as I saw Anna's Instagram on the display of the computer. My eyes examined every single detail of the picture she had posted, and the rage incremented as I recognized Robert's naked torso dangerously close to her body. She was fiddling with MY boyfriend's abs.

I felt as if somebody was taking away something that was mine

I felt as if somebody was taking away something that was mine. I felt really, really jealous. I wanted to break the hell out of the hand that was touching his abs. A storm of emotions hit me harshly as I tried to remain as neutral as possible on the outside. I fake smiled to Gretel and returned to my computer. Anna had uploaded the photo five days ago, just when Robert and I had that huge fight. Without further do, I took out my phone and dialed Robert's number.

"My Bella" he answered.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I replied as soon as he stopped talking.

"Hey" he protested. "You didn't even say hello."

"Robert, I'm not in the mood" I said.

"Then why did you call me? To ruin my day too?" He snapped annoyed.

"You already ruined mine" I snapped back.

"Why did I do" he replied monotonously.

"Don't you remember?" I asked at the verge of shouting.