The Blue Eyes

Chapter Eight

The next day the sunlight hit my face rudely, it didn't give me time to react as I went blind immediately for a few seconds, I turned my head over to the opposite side of the window; I almost shouted when I saw Robert sleeping next to me, I had completely forgotten that he spent the night here. I took my time to look at him, he was so handsome when he slept; so, so handsome, damn. The robe that he wore was opened exposing the "Marvel" logo on his boxer's waistband, I laughed when I remembered him with his red cheeks trying to cover his superhero boxers.

Robert's eyes opened slowly, he winked a few times assimilating the sunlight and the increasing brightness in the room, he had exactly the same surprise face I had when I saw him, but after remembering everything he smiled at me. He rubbed his hands against his eyes a couple of times before opening his eyes completely. His blue eyes seemed brighter in the morning, it was like every time I looked at those eyes, they caught my attention; his eyes just drove me crazy. I admit it.

"Good morning" Robert whispered.

"Morning" I smiled.

"Do you wanna have some breakfast with me?" Robert winked coquettishly, I liked him a little bit more everyday.

"I wish I could, but I'm afraid I can't" I pouted. Robert grimaced with disgust and threw a pillow over his face.

"What if," he uttered once he took the pillow off his face. "We order breakfast for two and stay the whole day cuddling in bed?"

"It'd been wonderful if I didn't have to go to the hospital today" I said while getting out of the bed and standing up.

"Ho.. Hospital?" Robert almost choked with his own saliva. "For what? Are you okay? Can I help?"

"Calm down buddy, my boss want me to do a whole checkup before entering to work on Monday" I reassured him. "For the medical insurance."

"Goodness, I thought I was going to loose you" Robert sighed in relief.

"Robert, seriously, stop it" I said. "We can't be anything, at least not for now, until you divorce is over. I think we must have our distance."

"Isabella" Robert hopped out the bed and grabbed my hand, everything was so fast that my mind needed some time to analyze what had just happened. "I already told you that I don't care, I like you and that's what really matter. Plus, you owe me a date."

"Excuse me?" I chuckled. "I owe you nothing."

"What? You definitely owe me a date. You saw me in boxers, you must pay me back with a date, it's fair" Robert said crossing his arms.

"It is not my fault that you're clumsy and forget to grip your towel firmly" I laughed.

"It's obviously you planned everything!" Robert exclaimed funnily. "You pretended you couldn't reach the robe, so I would get out to help you while you pull my towel down and see my family jewels. But I was smarter and came out with boxers."

"What?! You're talking nonsense!" I laughed. "There's no way on earth I could have planned that."

"Your little evil mind did it" Robert squinted his eyes.

I smiled ironically at him and went to the bathroom, the first thing I saw was a cheerful blonde with an enormous smile. It took a few seconds to my brain to realize that I was her, I never smiled like that before so it was like I was staring at someone completely different. I still remember the way he kissed me, the way he made me feel when he touched me and the way I would always get lost in his eyes. I always thought that my heart and feelings were pretty locked up in an indestructible padlock, right at the bottom of myself; that it was impossible for any man to get down there and try to unlock it, but just with a single touch, a single a smile and that pair of blue eyes, a kind of polish prince descended to the dungeons where my heart was trapped and managed to break the padlock into a million pieces leaving me exposed to his mercy.