A Tale Of Two Rivals

Chapter Twenty-Six

No Italian team had enough money to sign Robert in as their main striker. Robert's intentions of going to Rome finally ceased down when he was convinced by his teammates, coach and manager to sign up for the Real Madrid. He had no news from Isabella in months, but he checked her location regularly. On Christmas Eve, a week before Robert moved out to Spain, he was about to check Isabella's phone location again, when he realized that she had changed the password. Robert felt a hollow in his inside and kept staring at the "try again" message in the computer. He would have stayed looking at the screen if it wasn't for someone that awaited him at the door.

"Robert Lewandowski?" A young delivery man tried to hide his surprise at seeing the future teammate of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It's me" he replied in a not-so-eager tone.

"This is for you" he handed him a little pink box with a ribbon on top of it; Robert signed the papers on the clipboard. "Have a nice day."

Robert closed the door after the delivery man left. He settled down in the white couch Isabella obtained in a garage sale that went along with the living room minimalism. He shook the box upside down while he thought what that pink box could have inside. A little card fell when he teared the package apart, he picked it up and his eyes opened widely when he saw Isabella's handwriting on it. Before even looking what was contained behind the pink paper, Isabella's perfume arrived to his nose. He closed his eyes pleasantly, it was the first time in months he got to smell Isabella's perfume again, yet he didn't forget how it felt when it reached his nose.

Dear Robert,
I know you have been tracking my phone down through iCloud, however, i loved seeing your name moving through German territory in my computer. When I changed the password, I decided it was time for us to stop prolongating the pain of our breakup. Therefore, with this present, I want you to chase your dreams and be happy without me, even though I am not happy without you. I hope this present helps you in your journey while you live in Spain. Never stop being the amazing person you are, I know you will beat so many records in the future.
Lots of love,
Isabella.

Robert smiled when he saw a pocket book for Spanish catch phrases. He loved the little gift that Isabella made him, it was not for the thing itself, but from whom it was coming. By the day he was moving out to Spain, he had already read it completely, and before he hopped in the car that would take him to his private hangar, he followed Coco Chanel's quote by taking something out before he left...

...🚀3 years later 🚀...

It was a cold night in Madrid, and Isabella tried to find a cab in one of the most crowded hours in the city. Isabella's phone had died and she had no one to call to pick her up, the day was getting darker and the clouds threatened to squeeze all the rain out. She couldn't walk down the street due to the slippery floor and the cold didn't help whatsoever. Isabella kept trying for a while, but there wasn't a single available cab in the whole damn city.