Surrender

Chapter Twelve

It is supposed that the winter days are dark and gloomy-looking, but not in that morning of December. The sun amazingly shone as it made its way to the zenith at seven in the morning after a chilly night accompanied by a snow storm. As the football season became busier, I didn't see Robert that much during November, which gave time to reconsider what happened that night he arrived all beaten up. The matches became more exigent and more frequent for the footballers as well as the trainings; Robert would only come over by my office to see if everything with his divorce was calmed, and to make sure I didn't get Anna behind the bars.

During all that time I would barely see Robert, I realized that I missed him after the second he left my office. He would always be utterly nice and gentle with me, bringing me souvenirs from everywhere he went to score goals for his team. Like the cute Russian babushka dolls he brought me from Moscow or the little replica of the Roman coliseum he brought me from Rome. This little things would make my day better, but not as good as seeing his smile and those alluring blue eyes.

Even though he was always charming and charismatic, I would act cold in front of him. Surprisingly, I would hold down my feelings and impulses of behaving childishly in front of him. Consequently, my doom would end on this beautiful day, on December the 19th. The day that he would sign the final agreement of his divorce from the future former Anna Lewandowska. I could almost feel the excitement from breaking free from him and his beautiful blue eyes.

"Knock, knock" Robert greeted cheerfully. "May I come in?"

"Mr. Lewandowski, for sure come in" I greeted him the same way as I doubled kissed his cheeks. "Please have a sit."

"I can feel your happiness from here" he commented smiling.

"Well, as it is under your knowledge," I ignored him. "Today you will be signing the final agreement of your divorce with Anna Lewandowska."

"I can't believe the time flew that fast" Robert sighed.

"I will hand you the documents for you to sign them. My assistant has already sent you a copy of this same documents to your personal email, with any doubt or question: don't hesitate to call me" I announced. "Without further to add, that will conclude my services as your lawyer, it was a real pleasure to work with you and..."

"Wait" Robert uttered in the middle of my inspirational freedom-winning speech. "I'm not signing this papers right now."

"What? B-but.." I was speechless, he was not doing this to me.

"I will sign you this papers, yes, but not right now" Robert expressed.

"Explain yourself" I demanded. What the freaking hell?

"I'm throwing a party today, a Christmas party. Everyone is flying to their home countries and I wanted to celebrate with my friends that includes you, before flying to Warsaw for Christmas. If you come to my little reunion, I will sign you the papers, and if I remember well, your boss told you that you must do everything I want, so you can't deny my invitation" Robert said. I felt my heart sank as I heard him uttering those words from his smart mouth, I didn't know if this was even legal, he was like blackmailing me.

"You can't do that" I blurted out. "You must sign the papers here and now."

"See you at 8?" Robert winked standing up. I never felt so frustrated in my life, he was like ignoring my authority and making whatever he wanted. I felt extremely powerless as I saw him leaving me in my office with the papers in my hands, what am I supposed to do? Run after him and tackle him down? This was the last sacrifice I would have to make before getting rid of Lewandowski in my life. It was just an innocent Christmas party, right?