Trust Fall

Chapter Fifteen

Weeks after I accepted moving in with Robert, I started finding it more difficult to hide the medical treatment I was receiving after work. I would always make up believable excuses, or at least the first times, about my whereabouts two hours later my formal schedule ended. Robert constant traveling during the UEFA Champions League season facilitated the things a little bit, but I was afraid he would think I was cheating on him.

The day he came back from Manchester, I found him in the couch asleep when I arrived at eleven in the night. He had a bunch of flowers in his hand lying on the floor. I smiled and kissed him in the forehead, making him shiver a bit; I gasped, he looked so adorable. I went to the bedroom and took a blanket out of the closet, as soon as I closed the door of it, I felt the dizziness get me. I tried to take a few steps but my head was suddenly swirling around. I stumbled upon my feet and I grabbed the door, laying against it, I held my head with my eyes closed.

"Are you okay?" Robert asked concerned.

"Yeah, yeah" I sighed. "I'm just tired."

"You should rest then" Robert said as he kissed me carefully in the head. "I'm going to bring you some tea."

"Thank you Robert" I uttered as soon as I recovered my breath.

"No prob" he smiled.

Robert went downstairs and I entered to the bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror. I was really surprised when I noticed that I looked thinner than how I remembered myself, my waist was really small and my whole silhouette resembled to a walking skeleton. I turned around and tried to get out of the bathroom, but the dizziness hit me harshly and soon I was throwing up, bent over supporting my arms in the toilet. I puked loudly and I felt like choking with the mere air, I coughed scandalously in the intervals my body wasn't excreting shit out of me, though I was trying to be quiet. My hair cascaded down both sides of my head while I stayed face-down to the toilet.

"What the hell is happening" Robert exclaimed as he slammed open the bathroom door. "Isabella!"

I felt Robert's fingers reaching my hair and pulling it up behind my head. He placed his hand gently in my back and I felt like my whole stomach was coming out of my throat. Robert caressed my shoulders softly as if he was giving me his support, I spit a couple of times before taking my head out of the toilet. He handed me a piece of toilet paper, kissed me in the forehead and flushed the toilet. He got out of the bathroom and disappeared while I recovered and gargled with some water from the sink. When he came back, he handed me a cup of green tea while he was looking at his phone's screen.

"What are you doing?" I asked weakly after I gave the green tea a sip.

"I'm making you an appointment with my doctor" Robert replied dryly.

"Why?" I asked alarmed. "Robert, I'm fine."

"That level of throwing up is not normal" Robert said while pointing at the toilet.

"Robert, I'm fine" I replied seriously.

"No, you're seeing the doctor tomorrow, I'll make an appointment" Robert said while dialing the doctor's name on his phone.

"Robert, stop. I'm fine, I already told you" I exclaimed. "It must have been something I ate at lunch."

"I was worried" Robert sighed. "I thought you were choking or something. I don't want to see you in that state ever again. I'm just asking you to see my doctor, I want you to be okay."

"I appreciate everything you are trying to do Robert" I held his beautiful face between my hands. "But I'm okay, babe."

Robert chuckled. "You know that when you call me like that I won't insist, but I want you to go and fully rest in the bed."