7. Areum

Jungkook's Pov:

"WHEREE??? I THOUGHT SHE RAN AWAY!!" Joon screamed at me as soon as I pushed open the door.

"She wanted water." I calmly said, placing the boxes down to put the bottles into the ice box.

"Atleast leave a text Jungkook! And how could you just take her out like that!? She's a hostage." He continued.

"Hostage is not the word. Call it guest," She said, plopping herself down on the lower bunk while kicking her feet in the air, "who picks food boxes."

I made a face and raised an eyebrow at her which made her sit upright immediately.

"Areum, what is this on your forehead? Why is it red and kind of swollen?" Joon asked, approaching her.

"IT'S BECAUSE OF JUNGKOOK!" She took my name again. It made me stop moving. Everytime she took my name- literally everytime- I just- I don't know- It felt soo different. It felt soo new, soo- good?

The time she called out my name for the first time, 'but I'm thirsty Jungkook.' it was like- my brain stopped working altogether. I wanted to go scream from the top of a hill. Shit, no. That was soo cringy but it was true.  I had no words, it was like- a new me got unleashed.

"IT'S BECAUSE HE BLINDFOLDED ME AND LET MY HEAD BANG INTO ALMOST 10 TREES." She complained.

"Jungkook, why would you?" Namjoon turned towards me.

I just shrugged, "We met with her friend, Ayeong at the store. It was okay though. She covered it up very well."

"WHATT!? COME AGAIN-" Joon shot out.

"Wait- am I not supposed to have a wound from where the glass pierced through the skin of my hand?!" She stood up all of a sudden, turning and twisting her hand to examine it from all directions.

"Oh that. Are you realising it just now?" I chuckled at her slow mind as I hoisted myself. There is a reason why Hobi chose to become a doctor.

"NO BUT- Ah! Right! You abnormal people. It's okay, I'll lose my mind here if I ask for explanations. Anyways, Jungkook give me a bottle of water." She ordered with her arm outstretched.

On reflex, I almost bent down to pick a bottle-"EXCUSE ME!!? I'M NOT YOUR SERVANT. TAKE IT YOURSELF." I raged.

It was like, I wanted to hear her call my name over and over again. It was soo stupid of me to hide on a tree to hear her call me out back then. I couldn't understand what was going on inside me. I wanted to know her. I wanted to understand her. Even when I'd visited her house the previous morning to replace the broken glass, I explored the little area while making sure she didn't wake up. It was void of any information. Not even a diary. It was as if she had nothing in her life to keep in her living space. Just the very general necessities. She seemed to keep everything stored in herself. Piling every thought inside her. I felt desperate to read through her and see the world from her eyes.

"I'll be back." I said, looking at Namjoon who was setting a plate of lunch. I walked out of the door and even before I realised, my feet were already guiding me away like they knew exactly where I needed to go.

My thoughts were filled with her. It felt soo silly. Even if I tried to push the thoughts out, they came right back in with double the force. But why? I don't even know her.

I sat myself cross legged near the edge if the river with my feet in thw running water and picked a straw from beside me. It was soo fragile and pale. That was exactly how she seemed- NO. NOOO. I NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT HER.

But I couldn't. I had nothing else to think about. The most stupid thoughts of what her favourite colour was, had also occured to me. I wanted to stop myself, but I didn't know how to. Ever since the time I'd seen her for the first time, she'd been running in my head non-stop.