24. Battle

We were out of the water within the blink of an eye. Everyone turned to look at Taehyung who was still in the water, frozen with a far-away look in his eyes. "Tae?" Hobi stage whispered. His eyes tightened when he looked up at us and said the one word I feared, "Jean."

Tannie ran through the wild grass straight to us, no sign of hurt but his whole body shuddered with fear and that was when Taehyung ran and picked him up in his arms, hugging him tightly to his chest as we all looked in direction of the canopy of trees, unmoving, silent, still.

It was the wooshing of wind and the sound of leaves crushing under smooth movement of feet that echoed, ridiculously near us. A horrendous laugh followed as she walked into our view from behind the cluster of trees. A dark gloomy and thunderous weather followed in after her, making the atmosphere dark and foreboding. Her body was wrapped around with a full length dark navy blue cloak made of velvet lined with silver. Intricate sparkling silver design covered the upper half of the cloak. The hood covered half her face but that stance, Jean, without a doubt.

"Enjoying your bonding time huh, kids?" She laughed as she walked into the clearing, strolling towards our right. The boys had positioned themselves between Jean and us, protecting Ayeong and me. "Yes, Y/n? How are your bodyguards?" None of us answered, so she continued, "Ayeong, my daughter, why are you standing there? Come. Come stand next to me." She extended her had out and gesture for Ayeong to walk to her.

Jimin stepped in front of Ayeong and placed a hand on her hip, who evidently hid herself  behind him too. "Forgetting your manners, Ayeong? Come. Here. Stand. Next. To. Your. Mother." Her voice soft but soo soo soo ghastly.

"A mother wouldn't do what you did to Ayeong." Jungkook spoke, but before he could finish his sentence completely, some invisible force hurdled him backwards and he fell onto Namjoon and Yoongi who were behind him, "No one ever taught you to keep your mouth shut when someone else is talking?" She grunted, her palm now facing us from where that invisible power had blown out. The hood of her cload flew back, revealing her face ferocious and eyes widened, a crown, a black crown set with black stones sat on the top of her head, glowing.

Namjoon groaned at the weight of Jungkook on him, a reminder that he was out of energy from trying to take Jungkook's memory the previous night. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Jungkook moved away within the blink of an eye and then with Yoongi's help, they both pulled Namjoon back up. "HOW DARE YOU!" Jungkook charged towards Jean, his body met an invisible wall that shielded Jean and he stumbled back.

Yoongi hurried Namjoon backwards, towards us. Taehyung turned quicker than wind and handed a still shuddering Yeontan to me, "Go." Jimin nodded as Ayeong let Namjoon use her body and Yoongi's as support and then, we four were rushing back to our jeep.

Yeontan whimpered in my arms as we climbed into the back of the vehicle. Yoongi rushed back without sparing us a glance. A yelp of pain escaped Joon as he clutched his chest and threw his head back. "Are you okay, Namjoon-?!" I asked as I now knelt in front of him with a hand on his knee and the other holding onto Yeontan who still shuddered and whimpered.

"They need me! They need me there, I can't just sit here. They need me there!" He said, as his body bent forward and he attempted to stand up.

"No. No you can't go out and face her in this condition. You need to stay here." I said and pushed one hand onto his chest, forcing him to sit back properly. Heat seeped into my palm that was in contact with him, way more heat than normal. My hand instantly reached up for his forehead, hot, not even warm, hot, "Shit, Namjoon. You are burning with fever." I turned to let Yeontan in Ayeong's lap, her eyes were full of fear and pain as she swallowed loudly. Grunting and growling from the clearing filled the air around us.