11. Revelation

I hopped off the passenger seat once Jungkook finally halted the car in front of a forest. It was not the forest they lived in though.

"Where are we?" I asked, not quiet recognising the area.

"I want you to meet someone."

"Someone? Is it a female?"

"WHAT? Why would you suggest that?" Jungkook chuckled briefly as we walked through the trees. He was acting suspicious and a female friend was all that I could come up with, in the drive.

"Just." I was looking up at the evening sky, the sun had almost set, "I'm curious."

"About?"

"Everything." I pushed a branch away to avoid it from hitting my forehead.

"Ask me then."

"That's exactly the problem. I don't even know what to ask." I sighed.

There were long moments of silence which followed. I had a lot of questions, but I didn't know how to frame them. Were they abnormal? They felt alien. But asking a question of that sort would make me look dumb.

"I'm- about to tell you a big secret." He halted all of a sudden, making me bump into his back, "It might sound absurd right now, a whole new concept to take in."

"You're scaring me, Jungkook." He really was.

"Please don't be scared. You know I won't let anything wrong happen around you."

"What?" His words always confused me.

"Ah- nothing. Hold on." He took a step back and bent down, running his hand through the thick weed before pulling up a rope which seemed attached to the ground. A part of the earth pulled up, revealing a metal ladder, leading to a hidden bunker at the bottom.

"Whoa. You guys really ARE mysterious." I wide eyed the opening.

"Would you like to-" he gestured his eyes towards it, "see it?" He softly asked, quite opposite to his usual dominantly ordering behaviour, but somehow, his manner was reluctant as if he himself wasn't ready for it.

I was hesitant, but nodded anyway. I had come that far, there was no use of backing off. He helped me step down, holding me strongly to make sure I didn't fall.

With every step I lowered, the temperature got warmer and warmer. I hopped off the last step and turned towards the lit room, waiting for Jungkook to be beside me before I walked in, only to reveal to myself a small and cosy room. An old coffee table sat in the center, a mini fridge, a noisy generator fixed in the wall and a bed stuck to one side with someone sleeping on it. I couldn't see their face.

"Seonsaengnim," he tapped the elderly man's arm, "How are you now?"

"Umhm-" he slowly turned around to face us. He looked weak, very weak, "Ah, Jungkookah, I'm okay- oh, who is she?" He almost sat up when he saw me.

"No no, please lie down." I tried to convince him, "You look weak, please rest."

"Yes, I have become old now." He sighed.

Before it got awkward, Jungkook started with the introduction, "Areum, this is SiHyuk-shi. My mentor and my Godfather." He looked to and fro before the old man and me, "This is Aruem."

"Areum, that's a nice name. Are you his girlfriend? It's the first time I've ever seen him near a lady." He asked, looking at me.

"No, no. Nothing- like that." I shook my head and looked down, before sitting on the stool Jungkook had pulled out with his jaw pulled tight and an upset sort of expression which vanished as soon as it had formed.