13. Cascade

Areum's POV:

"You aren't really serious, are you?" I questioned, looking back and forth between the two huge rocks right at the edge of the waterfall and Jungkook, who stood in front of me cross armed like a gym trainer.

"You think I'm kidding?" He answered my question with a question and a straight face.

"I wouldn't be concentrating there, rather I'd be worried to make sure I don't fall off and drown in the- water." The height wasn't scary thought, hardly high enough like a three story apartment terrace, "I just got a job, I don't want to die already."

"You are not dying! I wouldn't ask you to do anything dangerous! Plus, the rocks are huge and you are tiny." He started striding up hill, "Job? Where?"

"At the convenience store outside the forest. I've been working there for days now, how did you not know-!? AND I'M NOT TINY, YOU ARE EXTRA HERCULEAN." I shot back, following him with extra long steps.

"Oh, what time does your shift start?"

"Four. To- nine." I sprinkled extra information.

"You have a lot of time then." He sped up even more, making me jog beside him, "Lucky you, the weather is chill today. When we were young, we had to practice meditation in bright sun."

"You all meditated too? Like- we need to energise the stones or something?" I curiously questioned. I had well settled in with all the information and facts that Jungkook had thrown my way. I had do e everything in my power to hold myself away from overthinking about it all.

"Yes. But not like energising actually, you need to concentrate on the power inside you. You know-? You can actually feel or say- almost see the stone." He enthusiastically answered.

"Really!? That's soo INTRESTING." I was hoping around in excitement. Even though the facts about myself that I was enlightened about just a few days back and I wanted to know more.

"Exactly why I chose it for today." He halted at the top of the hill, looking back at me, "Now carefully follow my step."

I nodded as he turned back, pointing at each spot he put his foot on. I attentively stepped into the water, having each of my movements being closely observed by him while he kept one hand ready in air to hold me anytime I slipped off. We were walking at the very edge of the cascade. It wasn't even as scary as I thought it would have been.

I finally rested my foot on the huge rock with Jungkook softly holding the tip of my right hand's fingers. The view was BREATH TAKING. I had never seen those parts of the city and was very shocked about how much I would have been missing out on, if not for him taking me there. The sound of water flowing and hitting the bottom of the cascade was adding on to it.

"The view is breathtaking." I said, looking around.

"I know, right? And once you start meditating here, the sounds you hear will make you go crazy!" He flashed his teeth at me.

"You know what? You've been smiling a lot today. You don't usually do that." I casually asked.

"Uh- am i-?" He stuttered, letting go of my hand and turning towards the other side.

"I just asked a normal question. Why are you getting soo shy?" I was really confused. I meant to ask, considering the fact that he lost his godfather not a more than four nights back, he was too smiley. More than needed.

"Stop getting distracted and sit down." He ordered, stepping ahead on the other rock. Even though those were right in the middle of water flow, they were high enough to be completely dry. I followed his instructions and sat down.