8. Dinner

After shutting the door behind me, I walked in with my arms stretched out, it felt good to be back. Walking into my room, I gathered my clothes to first go have a bath. Yikes- two days in a row- light reflected on my eyes, bouncing back from something on my bed.

OH- MY PHONE.

I rushed to pick it up and turned it on immediately. A dozen missed calls and texts from Ayeong.

'Hey Ayeong!
Thankyou for being around to help me through this... I want to take a little personal time off to rest and think about what I need to do now. I know this is sudden, but I hope you understand:)' read a text I don't even remember sending her. It was sent the previous night, probably after I was unconscious. It was not even my texting style, how did she never notice?

'Oh, it's totally fine. I understand. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. You know I'm always here..." On and on were her unopened replies.

I decided to text her back- 'Heyy! I'm sorry for replying soo late, I just turned my phone on. I'm fine now, maybe we could catch up after sometime? I'll inform you!'

I threw the phone back on my bed and sat down. I really had to think about my life. I had to find a new job, I had to earn my living-

My phone rang- I was hoping it was not Ayeong. I was not sure if I was allowed to talk to other people yet. To my surprise, it was a number with the label 'Jungkook'. Huh- was that even my phone anymore? After contemplating, I picked the call.

"What took you soo long to pick?" He asked straight.

"Nothing, just."

"Whatever. This is my number. You can use it to contact me. Text me a list of your favourite food items and groceries you need."

"Heh? Why would I need to contact you? Also, I already told you it was not needed. I can do this on my own-"

"Okay, no problem. I'll ask Jimin about your dinner and come check your groceries myself." And he hung up.

"WHAT!? NOO-" I shouted into the disconnected line. "YOU ANNOYING PIG!" I screamed on top of my lungs- as if he could hear it.

.

After coming back from the bath, I plopped myself on the couch, drying my hair with a towel. I switched to the NSK broadcasting channel on television. It was the weather forcast for tomorrow. Sunny and bright.

Leaving the television on, I walked over to the kitchen. It looked clean. Not exactly how I remembered leaving it the previous night before Ayeong had to rush me to the the doctor. It was all soo messed up, my memory was acting up lately, my wound was not visible at all, Ayeong had forgotten the events, even-

I popped my head outside the food window of the kitchen- even the living room glass which was supposed to be broken was fine. My house was cleaned too. Would criminal men do all that?

There was something different about them. Because, if not, then why would I fall unconscious by Namjoon just placing his hand on my eyes? Ayeong fell unconscious too. There was something different-

Voices on the news caught my attention, causing me to rush back to the living room- "As we near the weekend, the security systems have been made tight once again. With no clue of what new colours TMM will show us this week, the government ministers and other officials have kept their security on high alert. We are now connecting directly to the lead officer in this case. Over to you Officer Park."

The screen switched as Jimin's face came up. I broke into a fit of laughter instantly, "Yes, we are still working on the case. The trails and clues from the last scene are still being deciphered. Anybody who has any information or so about the TMM, is requested to contact my department first. The helpline numbers will be displayed on the screen." The screen switched back to the reporter, who then continued updates on other crimes.