9. Disguise

"Areum, could you please look after Yeontan for a while? I'll handle the reception."

"Sure Jean!" I nodded with a smile and walked over to the left side of the dog care center.

Lee Je An, back when I used to live at the orphanage, she was the only one who would talk to me and so I was close to her. She was the primary reason for Ayeong and my friendship. Soon after I moved out of the orphanage, she left it too and opened her own dog shelter. Our bond always remained strong, I used to visit her every day and even help her at work.

"Tannieee-" I bent down and sat next to the one and a half month old black-and-tan pomeranian puppy. He was brought to the shelter just the previous week. Wagging his tail, Yeontan happily jumped into my lap and started playing around.

"Heyy Areum!" Ayeong finally arrived, "Mom told me you were in here." she sat herself beside me.

"Yep I came in to see this babieee. How are you?!"

"I'm good. The question is- how are youu?! How is that handsome guy- Jung- something." She asked, lifting the pup into her arms.

"Jungkook." I corrected, "Yeh I'm good. He must be good too."

It had been almost two days and no one from that group had contacted it. Well, except for Namjoon, who had dropped an 'I hope you are doing fine.' text. Yeh, all their numbers were saved in my phone without me even knowing. I only replied with a "Yes, thankyou for all the help."

"What are you thinking now?" Ayeong nudged me, "You're face is too blank."

"Oh, umm nothing. Nothing really." I shook my head and raised my hands to take Yeontan back from her.

"You seem really lost now a days."

"Ahh, it's- just a whole lot of changes."

"Yeh I know, losing a job and all, it's pretty huge." I wished she would understand that it was not only that.

"Well, it's a Saturday night! Why don't we go out- have some fun? You can fill me in about Jungkook too!" She drummed on her calves with a huge grin.

"Yeh! Uh-Sure." I agreed.

We took the tiny pup to the reception and handed him to Jean, "We're going out for a while. I'll be back soon" Ayeong told her as we walked past while i waved with a smile.

"Where are we going?" I asked, slinging my bag onto my shoulder as we walked out into chilled air.

"The club near by-?" She causally asked, walking upto her car.

"C-club? You know I'm not the type to go clubbing with, right?"

"Oh, are you- still not comfortable? I thought you were opening up after meeting your guy-"

"Not 'your guy' please-" I interrupted.

"Ohaky! But then, can you come with me? Please? Just for a while?" she made a puppy face.

"Okay-" I agreed, making her jump with excitment, "-But, I won't drink."

"AS LONG AS YOU ARE COMING ALONG, EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE~" she sang as we got into her car.

"Ayeong- I guess that is enough. Call it a night now." I held her back from picking another bottle.

"Ahhh whyyyy- let me quench my thirst." She whined, sliding her hand through the counter, "You have noooo idea what a relief alcohol isssseesss!"

"No no! That's enough-"

"Hey beautiful~" a hand wraped around my waist, making me jump out of my skin. I moved away just in time to not get engulfed by who ever the broad handed, big muscled with desperate need of shave stranger was.