17. Jean

It had been over a couple hours since I'd been working in the store, setting the new products on the rack. Every now and again, Namjoon would peek inside the glass frames to make sure I was okay and then go back to his seat right outside the store, where he was reading 'The Book'. His presence some how made me feel protected and comfortable.

"Hey, switch over?" My co-worker, working at the cash counter asked. That's how my job for the time being was. Half the time in the lanes, half the time at the counter.

"Sure." I smiled brightly, as I walked over to the counter. Not many customers were in at that hour so I was basically free. Jungkook had been on my mind the whole day, I was worried about his whereabouts and trying to ask Namjoon seemed useless since he didn't know anything either. Taehyung ran out as soon as I finished my breakfast, saying he had to drop Tannie at his training centre and head to work.

After sitting there silently for a few minutes and occassionally smiling at Namjoon, I gave Ayeong a call while plugging my earphones in and casually fidgeting with the scanner.

I hadn't heard from her since last evening, when I forced Taehyung to take me to- him. I knew it was very inconsiderate of me to leave her amidst men, most of who were unknown to her since she was lost and scared and hurt the whole evening prior to that. But atleast she has had a close past link with Jimin, so she must have been a tad bit comfortable but that still doesn't make me any less guilty.

"Hey? Ayeong?" I spoke, as soon as the dialing sound stopped.

"Hie." She replied, in a very stressed and tierd tone.

"A-are you okay? AYEONG ARE YOU OKAY? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN? SeokJin is with you right!!!? DID JEAN-"

She interrupted me, "Ayy, Areum! Stop rambling. I'm okay. I'm just a little tired. And SeokJin is with me. I mean, he is driving me over to the police station-"

"Don't worry, little sister! I'm taking good care of your friend." Came SeokJin's voice from the background. A smile formed on my face, knowing that atleast she was safe and comfortable.

"Hey- how did you hear what she said? The phone ain't on speaker-" Ayeong sounded perplexed, she was still to understand the refined natural abilities we had.

"Thankyou, brother! Why are you going to the police station though?" I asked, giggling.

"SeokJin said he had some important over night work and he had to do some beforehand preperations, so I need to stay around Jimin. I told Lee that I was going to collect information." She explained.

"Great. Anyways you're her favourite." I laughed.

"Oh please! There's nothing to feel proud about being HER favourite." She laughed back-

"Umm, are you talking to my daughter?" A cold voice from across the counter creeped into my ear, making me jump out of my skin as I instantly recognised who it belonged to.

"J-Jean." I stuttered, standing up and stumbling backwards, as far from her as the wall allowed. My eyes shot in direction of where Namjoon was supposed to be, only to spot an empty chair.

"What? Mom? IS SHE THERE?" Ayeong squeaked. Half the sounds became faint to me as my pulse rate rapidly increased and breathing hitched.

"Oh, looks like you are, hmm?" She giggled evilly in a low voice before abruptly stopping and leaning in closer to me from over counter, making sure that she was audible through the call, "Tell her to stick close by to that bodyguard of her's who is buzzing around her like a bee."

"AREUM! WAS THAT MOM? Areum? SeokJin, do something!" Ayeong shouted into my ears. My lips felt heavy, I was unable to move them, unable to even breath as an icy chill ran down my whole body, freezing me in position.