Part 7

"Quit hogging the blanket you big ape." I tug the blanket, covering my toes desperately. Pointing a finger to Jonah to watch it. He rolls his eyes and turns away from me. Loser.

"Guys shutup!" Xina yells annoyed, flipping us both off. "I'm trying to see a revolutionary moment!"

"Whats revolutionary about a blonde in a convertible?" Jonah asks as he sighs tiredly and lays his head against the pillow.

Xina slits her eyes at Jonah. "You obviously don't take a liking to appreciate a historical moment."

He opens his mouth to speak again, but I touch his arm lightly and shake my head.

Xina could go on for hours if provoked. Don't provoke her.

"It's Regina George ... Mean Girls, practically a passage to girl hood." I explain, Xina nods smiling proudly.

I rest on my arm slightly sideways, gripping the blanket in my hands like a life line. Zoning in on the screen.

I keep drifting in and out, so tired from not sleeping well the previous nights. I hear Xina and Jonah talking faintly.

"Is she asleep?" I hear Xina ask.

"I don't know? Check." I hear Jonah mumble.

"No you. Wake her up."

"Fine. Fuck." I feel his body shift before his fingers graze my hand that's gripping the blanket but suddenly he retracts and hisses.

"What the fuck. She's freezing." I hear rustling before a warm heavy material is placed on me I curl into. I think he just gave me his sweater.

"Shit really. Let me get another blanket." I hear Xina leave the room faintly.

I feel Jonah move around, I feel a shadow over me before I feel someone tuck me in everywhere so I'm covered. I sense him quickly go back to the spot he was at before Xina comes back. I smile in my sleep.

"What are you doing?" I hear Xina ask.

"Nothing." Jonah says quickly.

"Um ... okay. Weirdo." After that is all muffled because I finally feel so comfortable I fall into deep sleep.

~

I groan. My limbs feel heavy and numb.

I'm entangled in something heavy. So heavy. I rub my eyes tiredly. I open them to find me hugging Jonah's midriff tightly while my other arm is under him.

Lord help me. My cheeks are so red right now I just know they are I can feel the heat rushing to my face at being so intimate with a boy, least of all Jonah.

How the hell did we get like this? Last I remember is being curled up in blankets before I fell asleep.

Of course I'd mange to climb Jonah like a spider monkey. If he was awake he'd kill me. We haven't gotten to this part of our friendship yet, the lovey dovey phase. Sleepy me skipped the rest entirely and jumped to this straight away.

In my defense he's very comfortable, like pillow comfortable. He's like a personal big furnace you could suck the heat out of and I guess that's what I was doing.

He would definitely be a werewolf over a vampire.

Okay here goes nothing. I try to pull my arm from under him but it's futile. I yank and yank and his big body won't even move an inch. Ugh.

My cheek is pressed against his chest, I can hear the beat of his heart, and his soft snores. Oh, yeah his face is stuffed in my hair.

What now?