Part 19

*Jonah's POV*

My hand caresses her slim back, rubbing back and fourth trying to get her breaths to slow. I look down at her, her long chocolate brown hair framing her heart shaped face. Pieces of hair stick to her damp cheeks from her crying earlier.

Her pouty lips squished as she smothers her face deeper into my chest. I don't know why it feels like someone's squeezing my chest and preventing air from seeping into my lungs every time I look at her.

I shake the feelings away. Focusing on her and what she needs.

She needs sleep, her eyes looked so sullen and tired when I first saw her.

When I texted her I just had this weird feeling and her texts didn't appease me at all she didn't sound like her. I instantly knew something was off I had to see her, see she was fine.

I grind my jaw as I observe the red angry fucking bruise on her cheek, clearly she wasn't fucking fine.

I'm so distracted in my inner sulking that I don't notice Mila looking up at me with her big hazel eyes. Her face is scrunched like she dislikes what she sees.

Her small bony cold hands grip my jaw softly and massage upward till I unhinge my jaw and relax.

That charming dent in between her brow pops out, "If you keep doing that by the time you're 30 you won't have any teeth left to bite down on." She berates me.

"And to be quite frank Jonah, you're cute but without your teeth not so much." She finished with, while poking my dimple as if she didn't just say I'd be ugly without teeth.

No, I know she thinks I'm attractive, I know because no one has called me pretty as much as she has. I don't think anyone has got the guts to call me pretty to my face, but if anyone could its her.

"Yeah and I need my teeth right?" I play along with her. She nods tucking her chin onto her hand on my chest. I hate seeing her cry but god does she look pretty more than she already was.

I trace a finger down her wrist to her arm, watching the goosebumps arise on her fair skin. I grip her wrist and bring her hand closer to me, I bring her small finger to my lips. Her eyes go wide.

I bite the tip of her finger, "Yeah I'd say I need it more than I need anything else." I place a tiny peck on the tip of her finger before letting it go. Her hand fists my shirt, she tends to do that when she's overwhelmed.

Her cheeks are bright and pink. Mission accomplished.

She hides her face into my chest, "I didn't mean it like that you perv." She says muffled into my shirt. I chuckle, of course she didn't.

I want to ask her again. I want to know who the fuck hurt her but I also don't want her to cry again I'll let it be as much as I despise the wait.

We continue watching the movie about a stupid green guy who hates Christmas. I kinda get that though, Christmas is overrated.

I'm so engrossed on the screen I don't feel Mila lean on her elbow and slap my chest till I feel the impact. I look down at her confused, what the fuck?

"Why would you come in a snowstorm in nothing but a long sleeve you idiot." She looks mad or she's trying to, to me she resembles a very sad looking puppy.

I shrug, "You needed me, so I came." There's really no more to it.

She gapes at me, "Did you know there was a storm coming?" She asks incredulously.

I nod looking at her weird, where is she getting at.

"Why didn't you at least put on a jacket?"

"As soon as you texted me I came. I didn't have time to stop." I look at her as she takes my words in.

"You came as soon as I texted you?"

"You sounded weird, so I came."

"You didn't care that a storm was coming you sweet grump." She pinches my cheeks and I cringe swatting her hand away.

I raise a brow at her, "Why would I?" A laugh tumbles past her rosy lips and I grin at the sound.

"What about your car, forgot you had one." She looks at me funny.

I look at her sheepishly, "I forgot about that." But honestly it would have just taken longer to get here and she wasn't that far from me anyways.

She throws her head back flashing me one of her big smiles, she grabs my face and starts pecking my face.

She's so entertained by it she doesn't notice that I turn my face and her lips land so close to the corner of my lips. I can feel her breath on my cheek before she pulls away.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. We both sit in silence for a while but her yawn catches my attention. So I sit up and grab the book on her nightstand.

I urge her to snuggle closer to my side, she rests her head on my arm as I grab her book. I see is that vampire book, New Moon is strewn across the cover.

Mila has been trying to get me to read these books for months well she's worn me down, there's not much I can say no to when it involves her.

Don't tell her but I already have, like a while ago. I just like how excited she gets when she talks about books she loves.

I read from where she left off, I cover us completely so she doesn't get cold, she sighs in appreciation as I do it.

I read for a while, the sound of the snow hitting her window is the only thing we could hear along with the candle crackling as it burns. I feel her breaths even out, I look down to see her eyes shut.

She's fallen asleep curled up into my side, I push her hair behind her ear so it doesn't bother her and she unconsciously leans into my touch.

I massage her hands so they stop clenching in her sleep, I rub the bruise on her cheek trying to see if a touch alone could erase it.

I don't know much about taking care of someone. To be honest I never cared to try. But for her I would be willing to.

I look at her sleeping form and I think I'd try just about anything to make sure she's fine.

— author's note —i just had to continue, but i will say i do miss asshole jonah lmao i'm so indecisive

— author's note —
i just had to continue, but i will say i do miss asshole jonah lmao i'm so indecisive . you might see him soon tho ...
im excited for there to be conflict, i have some ideas, i can't wait for drama.
do u guys picture jonah as anyone? just curious.
btw hope you guys have a good halloween what are you dressing as? have fun!

vote and comment :)