Part 26

*Jonah's POV*

I've been sat here for what feels like an eternity, my pulse hay wiring in my chest. The underside of my palms sweaty and I have not one fucking clue on how to make it stop.

Mila's front door five feet away from me, taunting me at my struggle. Why am I so nervous?

Why does my heart feel like a miniature Oakley having a sugar rush from drinking too much gatorade?

It's been 30 minutes and I have yet to pick up my phone and text Mila I'm outside, it seems easy and yet I find myself doing absolutely nothing.

Not thinking too much about it, I hastily grab my phone angrily and dial Mila willing myself to stay on line long enough for her to answer.

"... Rosie poise stop it okay," I hear Mila's muffled voice, her voice seems agitated and it brings a smile to my face because I can just picture the small dent on her forehead peak out as she furrows her brows cause she's frustrated.

"Hello? Jonah are you there," I let out a breath.  

"Yeah, .. hey um I think I'm here." I hear her soft airy giggle, my lips twitch resisting a smile.

"You think?" She teases, her voice so sweet and comforting. I've got nothing to be nervous about it's just Mila, my head knows that but my heart is just being down right asshole.

"I know," I rebut quickly trying to save the last of my pride, I don't think I've ever been this loss for words.

"So ... I'll just come get you at your door," I say weirdly out of  breath, "I'd actually would like to ask your mom for permission if that's okay?" I've never met her mom or any of her family for that matter.

The words are barley out my mouth before she shouts a  hurriedly, "No!" I wait for her to explain.

She makes a pained nose, "I do want you to meet her but nows not a good time, maybe another time. Is that okay Jonah?" She asks so timidly like I'd ever make her feel bad for it.

"That's fine Mila, whatever you want." I mean that in every regard.

She lets out a slight breath, "Okay then I'll just come out in a minute. Just don't fall asleep, okay?"

I contain a laugh, "Okay I won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise, sweetheart." After that she says bye and hangs up and my hand just continues gripping my phone at least there not as sweaty anymore thanks to her.

I'm looking up into the sky trying to get my bearings after a while I zone out, I'm thinking everything I said over when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I look to the side and my I'm awestruck, I really can't do anything but stare at her. I'm rendered speechless.

There's Mila in a yellow dress with lace trimming, the lace skimming her thighs. Her warm sandy complexion shining in the sun, her pretty cheeks flushed. Her brown hair falling in waves like a waterfall.

"Hi Jonah." Her pink lips pull into a shy smile.

"Hi Mila," I say breathless, I must look so dumb just staring at her.

I stare at her hazel eyes, "Does your hair always look like this?"

Her grin is wide, "Like what?"

"Like silk laying out in the sun." I reach out to touch it with the tips of my finger.

I hear her swallow, my lips lift on their own accord.

"Jonah are you okay? You're acting kind of .." She stares at my eyes and then my lips, I lick them subconsciously.

I eye her strawberry looking lips, "Like what?"

"Funny," She mutters, "Your acting funny."

"Yeah, honey, I'm all good." Her cheeks flush a deeper shade of red. I don't know why I'm not really good with words.

"You ready?" I ask she shakes her head excitedly. God damn her how could I not like her?

She starts to go to the other side, I quickly haul off my ass and get out.

"Wait!" I rush to the other side I must look like a dork.

I open the door flustered. She reaches me and slides beside the door, she's biting her lip and I know she wants to laugh but she wouldn't at my expense she'd feel too bad.

She's close to me, very close I can feel the heat of her skin. But I know she must be cold, I'm her furnace after all.

She grips my shoulders, my hands automatically going to her waist to steady her. She looks up at me with those big hazel eyes of her, more green today because of the sun.

She jumps on me, her arms winding themselves around my neck. I grunt from the impact because I wasn't expecting that. I wasn't expecting for her to touch me or for her to want to touch me.

I freeze, and she must feel because she stiffens. She leans back looking up at me with a worried expression that soon turns apologetic.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have just jumped on you I know you don't like—" I gape at her before quickly cutting her off by wrapping her small waist around my arms and tugging her body close to me returning her hug. She lets out a cute yelp before relaxing in my hold and returning her arms around my neck.

The feel for her small body brings such immense comfort I don't realize how much of catalysis Mila is to my well-being till now. It feels good to have the anxiety fall away if only for a small while.

I rest on my favorite place, the space where her neck meets her shoulder. Her scent clings to her, soft and floral and something strictly Mila. My lips skim the freckle in her shoulder, her arms are covered in goosebumps. I rub them to ease the cold away.

"Ready now?" I ask as she plays with the the hair at the nape of my neck.

She looks up her dimples popping out as she smiles, "I'm ready."

I look at her, memorizing her face and I haven't got a clue why I was so nervous to begin with. I was fine, she always managed to make it alright.

Always.

— author's note —i have no idea why I'm writing this when I have so many assignments to do

— author's note —
i have no idea why I'm writing this when I have so many assignments to do. i just missed them <3
hi :)
I've got no excuse really but I plan on continuing thank you if ur still here i appreciate it sm❤️‍🩹
this chapter is far from perfect but here u go xx

vote and comment :)