Part 13

My hair whirls in my face, as the cold autumn air serenades me into its embrace. It was crispy and familiar, it felt a lot like home. I smile from ear to ear gripping the armrest. I was rudely jerked back, as I stare frowning at the window slowly closing.

I glare at Jonah while he looks the least bit sorry, "You could catch a cold." He reaches a gentle finger to my cheek, softly feeling. My insides turn to mush.

He frowns, his eyes stern. "Stop doing that." I avoid his gaze. Looking back out the window.

did I do something wrong?

"Doing what?"

"Not taking care of yourself." I look at him discreetly, his hard grip on the steering wheel. His tense sharp eyes. His perfectly pink frown on his lips. He looked like it bothered him a lot, the idea of me neglecting myself and it made me feel so seen? I didn't like that he did that for me.

"I do too." I said stubbornly, pinching his cheeks till he shoves me away.

"Do not." He glares, before shoving his hoodie in my face. "Now wear this and shut up." Yeah nice Jonah was gone now he's just back to being a grump. I put it on reluctantly, but secretly relish in how it smelt like Jonah. Just like the gum he chewed constantly, cinnamon and spice with hints of vanilla.

It dwarfs over me like a blanket, engulfing me and its so comfortable I was beginning to feel sleepy.

Jonah had shoved me into his car, a big black jeep and ignored me every time I had asked where he was taking me. He simply raised the volume of the music every time I started nagging him with questions.

It wasn't far though it seemed, since we weren't that far from school and I recognized the streets since it was really close to my house too. Wait a minute. We were going down a familiar street, with familiar houses.

I perk up, "Are you taking me to your house?" I couldn't hide the excitement in my voice. I'd never seen his house before. My stomach churned at seeing his room. What would it look like? Would it be dark grey walls full of band posters or plain but neat stacks of books and white sheets.

I stare at Jonah while he continued to ignore me, his forearms flexed every time he made a turn. He was very muscly, and veiny. He has really big veiny hands, they were really pretty with trimmed clean nails. They were covered in rings.

He had a particular big ring on his middle finger, it was a grey scary looking skull. With an intricate design. Scary but still super cool.

Since he took off his hoodie to shove it in my face rather rudely, I just noticed he had on a short sleeve shirt.

His tan arms coming into view. I'd never seen him with short sleeves, he mostly wore long sleeves or sweaters. I gasped when I noticed the dark ink, he has freaking tattoos? Since when?

They ran down his arms like ribbons, all spaced out and dark. He was a canvas, with art scribbled all around him like a divine vase full of lines and colors. They looked otherworldly and chaotic, beautiful and treacherous.