Ch. 25 Sugar and Spice

Image: Jaz's Character Card

I was more nervous about meeting my cousin than kissing Scott Anderson who was the High School Quarterback last year. I remember the night when Jake and my cousin Noni invited me to his house. There was an intense game of spin-the-bottle happening next to a game of strip poker. Luckily for me... I wasn't that drunk to play. I can't say the same for Noni nor Jake.

Noni is just happy she's good at poker no matter what state she's in.

The thing with my cousin Ayana, is that she has this thing. Okay, who am I kidding? My cousin is weird, she prohibits the relationship of male companions in any way. Noni on the other hand is more laid back, and lenient when it comes to these things. That's why people still remember Noni, I mean if I were to ask somebody about Noni they would totally remember her. She was the unforgettable.

"What's so bad about it?" Jake asks me as I scoff to my side.

"It's Ayana. Do I have to spell it for you? I'm totally screwed," I complain as I rest my head on the window.

"Isn't she the one who hates me?" Jake asks as I nod for confirmation. "Why? What did I do to her?"

"She thinks you slept with Noni," I say. I mean, she has every right to think that. She literally walked in on Jake on top of Noni, and I swore I thought I would never see him again. Then again, anyone would think they were doing something if they walked into that scene.

"I miss Nons, I wonder how Russia is treating her," Jake says referring to my cousin by her childhood nickname.

"Jake... she's just visiting. She'll be back soon with her boy toys. You can go visit her then," I reply as he rolls his eyes. We past the gates to my house as my stomach flips inside out. I don't want to meet her.

"Speaking of which, what do you think she wants to talk to you about?" he asks me as I shrug.

"How should I know? Just, don't bring up the fake boyfriend thing. She would kill you, and I'm going to let her," I tell him as he waves his hand dismissively.

"Yeah, why don't you just let her kill me. Thanks for the help," he sarcastically replies as I look at him.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it? Jake you are like a brother to me," I admit as he glares back at me. The hum of the car suddenly stopping.

"Did you just family zone me?" he asks with narrow eyes.

"Yes I did slave," I reply as I open the door and step out. Fixing the back of my outfit before grabbing my bag from out of the car. Jake follows suit as he also steps out of the car, slamming the car door behind him.

"From fake boyfriend, to family, to slave. I move rather quickly down the ladder don't I?" he replies as I roll my eyes. Only he says retarded things like that. I give him a smirk as he ruffle my hair, and I slap his hand away. He begins to laugh as a maid open the door to reveal the inside of my house. Double, curved staircase, a beautiful glass chandelier in the middle, a cabinet of fine China Glass, and my wonderful cousin sitting in one of the lounge chairs. Oh how... horrifying.

She looks up from her phone, her blue eyes seem brighter, more stealthier. Her blonder hair was a bit messy, but it was covered with a white beanie. She had a black tanktop on with a white cross that covers most of the shirt, and light blue jean shorts as well. She had a camo jacket on that covers her lean figure, and went down to where her shorts cut off. She had black thigh high socks, and black, leather, knee high boots. She actually looked kind of cute.

"Aya, how are you?" I ask her, referring to the shorten version of her name.

"I'm well... what is that doing here?" Ayana asks referring to the creature known as Jake.