Ch. 33 Nothing More and Nothing Less

Picture: Noni's Appearance

I burst through the door to Jake's house as Erick falls off the couch and Bailey trips over him. I look around realizing they were the only ones down here. Erick pushes Bailey off as I roll my eyes. Honestly those two are just plain idiots when they are together.

"J-Jaz what are you- where did you..." Bailey tries speaking as I walk over them and throw my coat on the couch. I put my finger to my mouth as I let out a long, loud whistle.

"If you guys want the truth I'm going to give it to you straight," I tell them.

"Huh?" Erick responds as I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I keep my breathing even. I see Jake's figure first as he looks at me with astonishment. He probably has no idea what I'm doing but I'm going to tell them. I can't deal with the guilt, I can't deal with the secrets. I want them to accept me for me. Oliver and Lucas walk in next and they stare as well. They were probably wondering where I've been.

"Sit," I command them before they can say another word. "I'm going to give it to you guys straight."

"Give what to us straight?" Oliver asks as Jake's face lights up and he immediately stands.

"Jaz, are you crazy?" he protest as I shoot him a glare.

"No I'm not. But at the same time, I seriously can't deal with this. It's bad enough I have to lie to Samantha and Lizzy about it," I snap back. He lets out a sigh as he sits back down on the couch, crossing his arms over his chest. That's the way I like Jake: quiet and still.

"What exactly is going on?" Erick says looking between Jake and I.

"I'm rich," I say blankly as they all give me the most dumbfounded look on the face of the planet. "I live in a mansion in Beverly Hills. I have a butler named Henry. I go to Stantrous Academy not because I'm on a scholarship but because my parents own a Medical Company. I love designer brands, I know them by heart. So for some stupid reason I didn't want you guys treating me the way you treat Jake. He's an actor, he's famous and he's rich. I just didn't want you guys to think that you should treat me differently."

"So you lied to us?" Lucas says.

"Yes, but I had a good reason," I point out as Oliver laughs and leans forward where he rest his elbows on his knees.

"Do you think we would seriously treat you different because your rich?" Oliver questions me as I stare at the ground. I regret it. I regret lying to them. I seriously do.

"I don't know," I mumble back.

"Jesus, Jaz, how much faith do you have in us?" Bailey asks as I nervously play with them hem of my shirt.

"And you knew about this?" Erick asks Jake as he gives them a slight nod.

"Yeah, we're childhood friends. Her cousin and I used to be real close," Jake says as I kick the ground.

"Look I know you guys are super mad at me," I say and I see Erick about to say something and I stare at him. I dare him to say something right now. He doesn't so I continue. "But don't be mad at Jake, I forced him to play along. Honestly, we didn't even know it was each other till the tournament. So please, please don't be mad at him."

"Alright," Lucas says getting up from the couch.

"Sounds good," Oliver agrees leaning back. Okay, now I'm dumbfounded. What exactly is going on? "Bailey, Erick?"

"Well, I'm mad. I ain't going to lie, but at the same time everyone has their reasons," Bailey says as Erick nods.

"Jake..." I say as he shrugs back at me. Great so neither of us have a single damn idea of what exactly is going on.