Ch. 6 Cover-up

AN: Be prepared... I've just wrote the best chapters of my life. (well in my opinion)

"That concludes our presentation on bonds," I say to my class as the second period bell rings, signaling the end of Chemistry, and our project on whatever Nick decided to do. All I did was just memorize the words, and understood absolutely nothing of what he wrote down. Our teacher, Mr. Sevalsky, just nods his head in either appreciation of our hard work or thankful that it was over with. He was pretty young, graduating from Harvard at age 24 with a Masters in Chemistry.

"Good job, Jaz, Nick," he said to us with his thick English accent. Most of the girls swoon over him, but for me it was gross to think of your teacher like that. "We will finish presentations on Wednesday. Your homework is pages 324-361 along with the review questions for that chapter."

"Great," I mumbled to myself as Lily nudges my side. We weren't as close as my best friends, Samantha and Lizzy, but we were friends. Lily was your basic white girl. Blonde hair, blue eyes, fairly white skin, perfect teeth, and a perfect smile all describe Lily. None the less, she was cool to hang out with, when I did hang out with her which is occasionally.

"He kept staring at you," she whispers to me as I grab my binder, and textbook for this class and look over at her. I probably gave her a dumbfounded look because she sighs, before pressing her lips together, and looking back at me. "You know, Nick, I think he has a crush on you."

"What?" I reply shock. That was the funniest thing I think I heard all day. "No, he's probably amazed that my 'pea-sized brain could process what was going on.' His words not mine."

"He sounds like a real jerk," she retorts taking back her first sentence instantly. We exit the classroom together, and make a right.

"Tell me about it," I say as we head over to my locker where Kyle was waiting for me. "Hey Kyle, what's up?"

"Lizzy's been avoiding me all day," Kyle complains as Lily laughs and I shake my head in disapproval.

"So?" I continue as I open my locker and place my crap on the top shelf, getting ready to head over to a restaurant just down the street from my school. I’m so happy that we can eat off-campus lunch, and everything around here is heavenly. 

"Kyle is probably what you yelled at the beach party is why she's avoiding you," Lily reminds him as he scratches the back of his head while looking to his left. I just roll my eyes at how oblique my cousin can be when it comes to these kind of things. He may be a playboy, but when it comes to girls he knows he's a complete moron.

"I forgot about that," he tells us as I look at Lily, who’s looking back at me. We had the same expression on our faces. We regret getting involved with Kyle and his shenanigans of love.

"I'm leaving," I say to Lily who nods.

"Alright, me and the cheerleaders are heading over to talk about the football game. We made it to the High School Playoffs, again this year. Jaz you should come to the game, it's this Friday at 6," Lily tells me as I nod my head. 

"Sure thing, I'll see what I can do,” I say with a smile.

"Say 'hi' to Lizzy and Samantha for me," she adds on with a wave as she turns to walk away. I look at Kyle who was making a face, probably because he was thinking to hard. I grab my Channel handbag out of my locker, and flick him on the forehead.

"Come on, let's go," I say to him as I invite him to eat lunch with us. Walking down the hallway, I instantly pause as I remember what Lily said. Did she say Friday at 6? "Shit..." I curse under my breath as Kyle arches an eyebrow now curious as to what happened in reality.