Ch. 27 Don't Mention It

Picture: Oliver's Character Card

I sit against my bed as I look at the alarm clock on the night stand. It's been 40 minutes since that awkward dinner we all had to sit through, with the exception of Lucas. He was still M.I.A since lunch. It's been 30 minutes since I locked myself in my room, and took a shower. It's been 20 minutes since I've sat on the floor with nothing to do. It's been 10 minutes since the boys stopped bothering me. I wrap my hands over my knees, and press them against my chest. I could hear the thunder rolling outside signaling that a storm was soon approaching, and it does.

The rain starts to hit the window lightly before it starts to pick up. I look out the window, and rest my head on my knees. A flash of lightning lights up the sky, before a thunder shakes the room a little. I let out a long breath, and continue to sit on the floor. I could still feel Bailey's grip on my wrist, and Oliver's hand wrapped around my waist. There was a soft knock on the door as I see a pair of feet from the other side.

"Yo, Jaz, what's going on?" Lucas says through the door as I cringe a little bit. "The guys aren't here, they went out to grab some groceries. So Jaz, come on and open up. At least tell me what's going on."

"Go away Lucas, it has nothing to do with you," I tell him while looking back at the window.

"Jaz open up, the guys are worried. I'm worried," he tells me. Why should they be worried? They have no idea what it means to be me. After preliminaries, we go into the last couple rounds of this. Then what? It's over. I will most likely never speak to them again. So why do I feel like this? "Jaz, come on open the door!"

"Go away Lucas!" I repeat. Why is he even here? He should've just stayed the night at Camie's. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.

"Jaz!" he shouts through the door, and I flinch a little. Lucas never would raise his voice at me. Lucas is always so calm. So why now? I get to my feet, and walk to the door, and swing it open. A flash of lightning lights up the hallway but that the only source of light. Even in the dark I can see him standing there perfectly.

His new tattoo was visible in the black muscle tank top he had on. His dark brown hair is swept back while his brownish-green eyes still seemed focus on me. His jawline was tight, and despite how hard he was trying I knew he wasn't relaxed. I wasn't relaxed either, there was so much tension between us right now it was unbearable.

"What?!" I shout at him. "What is so fricken important?! Huh? What can't wait until tomorrow?!"

"Jaz what has gotten into you?" he asks me as I laugh bitterly.

"What? Can't I be myself to? Can't I choose to be sad when I want to be? Can't I choose to be locked up in my room when I want to be? Why do I have to put up with everyone's childish ways?! I didn't ask for this! I told you guys no a billion times! I said I didn't want to be apart of this stupid team, or take part of this stupid tournament! So leave me the hell alone!" I continue as I try slamming the door in his face, but he stops it with his arm.

"Jaz that isn't going to solve anything! You can't just scream and shout whatever you want, and then try to lock yourself in your room. That will only make things worse," he tries to explain it to me but I don't want to hear. I don't want to. I can feel hot tears running down my cheeks as I try to close the door, but it isn't going well. I'm not winning this fight.

"Why do you care so much?! You can have Camie! You idiots can have any girl you guys want! You guys can do anything you guys want! You guys are the reason I'm in this mess in the first place! So just leave me alone Lucas! I'm tired of being pulled around! It's been two weeks but its felt like a year! So get the fuck out and leave me alone!" I scream as I finally slam the door in his face, and slump to the ground. I said things I didn't mean to say, but at the same time I've been wanting to say them.