Ch. 51 Bailey Bails

If I had to describe how well Oliver and Bailey work together, I would say they work... okay... sometimes. However, today, was not an okay, sometimes kind of day. It was like watching oil and water trying to interact because right off the back they start arguing on the screen in  front of us.

 "I'm saying we should wait for them," Bailey says as he loads his gun. "We have the advantage, we've played on this map before. They haven't."

"That's why we should go out, we have the advantage!" Oliver argues back as he puts his pistol in his holder.

"Oliver, no, just listen," Bailey begins, the frustration clearly showing on his face.  "We hold our position and wait for them to come closer."

"Or I could take point, and we could finish this swiftly," Bailey argues back. The screen cuts to another point on the map and the rest of us look at one another.

"So, do you think it'll be okay?" Erick asks as he looks at me. Lucas sighs as he plops down on one of the couches. "Oh mighty leader, where did we go wrong?"

"Honestly, I didn't think they would start arguing right now," I say.

"Well, they did. We might as well trash this round," Erick says as he leans back on the wall. He looks at Lucas who is scrolling through the store. "Do you want to come up with a plan, o'sweet partner of mine?"

Lucas give him a disgusted look before shaking his head.

"Is that a no?" Erick asks.

"Hard no. We can wing it, you down for that?" Lucas asks.

"Sounds like us," Erick agrees. "We are the only two who go way back anyways."

"To when?" I ask them, as far as I know Bailey and Erick were the ones who started their clan.

"To nam," Lucas says as he and Erick exchange a sly smirk. Okay, keep your secrets nerds. I won't cry about it. I roll my eyes and the screen flicks back to where Oliver and Bailey are, or... was. Only Oliver is there by himself but with Bailey's guns.

"Wait, where is Bailey?" Jake asks.

"Ah... he pissed him off," Erick says.

"Well, it looks like it might be 2 on 1," Lucas says.

"Wait, explain, one of the two of you," I demand.

"Bailey bailed on Oliver," Jake says understanding what happened.

"This man really found a way to rage quit," Erick grunts kicking himself off the wall and walking back towards the screen. I didn't realize people were allowed to rage quit in this game, it's not like he can just disconnect or leave the lobby. It's not how the game is set up.

"What should we do?" I begin as I start freaking out. The man really disappeared in the middle of an important match. I'm going to strangle him when he comes back. Oliver as well, just to be fair.

"Just hope? I guess?" Jake tells me as we see the enemy team move further into the map. They past the tall watch tower on the practice range and more into the map.

Oliver was in the office room across the open ground in the middle of the map. He stands  on the desk and peeps out window towards the top of them wall.  He sees them approach and looks around the office. The backdoor is closed, and the only way in was through the front.

Oliver clicks his tongue as he walks towards the backdoor and click the lock open. He's careful not to make a sound and the screen flicks back to Nick's team who was rounding around the office towards the back. Obviously they weren't going through the front door.

"Oliver is in a bind," Erick says.

"Where is Bailey though?" Lucas says as he is on a smaller computer searching for Bailey.  "It's one in the chamber, if he doesn't have his gun there's no way he can win."

"I mean, he can." Jake says. "He still has his knives."

"But, they have the advantage," I say.

"Okay, but has Oliver moved from his position? Or did he wait for them to come to him?" Erick asks me.

"Wait... is this Bailey's plan?" I ask. 

My question is quickly answered as the door kicks open as Oliver throws the guns towards the nearest car which is to the left near the canopy. He tackles Nick's teammates down, in the process knocking one of the guns out of their hands. He takes the lead as Bailey jumps down from the top of the roof where he was hiding, lying underneath the canopy. 

Bailey picks the guns up as dust is being kicked up from the struggle between Oliver and one of the enemies. There is a gunshot but no announcement made. Bailey tries lining up his shot but there is too much dust for even us to see. He makes a judgement and shoots both pistols into the dust cloud. Oliver rolls out of the dust and looks back at Bailey.

No announcement is made again and the dust begins to settle. It's still 2-on-2, 3 guns fired, and 1 gun left with not a single clue as to where it is.

"Wow, well what a way to start the final if I do have to say it for myself," Lucas says with a whistle at the beginning of that sentence.

~~~~~

Sorry for the wait, I just finished moving to Florida, fixing up my house, and finding a job  :D Big Girl plays <3