Ch. 48 Semi Finals pt 2

So the internet went out but I'm at my grandparents rn. I would've updated via phone but I'm in Mexico and service is limited. so It's a bit late but I got it out as soon as possible.

Also I wanna die cause I'm cramping so badly :^) This is fine.

~

I press my back against the shipping crates of the dock we were in. Cargo, one of our favorite maps to play since it was released. Somehow we managed to win the next round rather easily and it was now 2-0. The only reason why we won was because Lucas had enough points for an airstrike and called it in. (He also killed Jake in the process but he had it coming.)

"Do you have eyes on anyone?" Oliver asks into the coms.

"No. Where are they?" Jake responds. We switched our formation yet again. Last game we opted for two 3 man teams, and this time we went with a 2-4 formation. Jake and I paired up together, opting to cover the bomb that was surrounded by crates. The rest of them were at the other bomb. Jake mutes his come and turns to me, I give him a quick glance out of the corner of my eye.

"What?" I ask. He motions me to cut off coms for a quick second and I do what I'm told. This must be important.

"What your plan after this?" he asks me.

"My plans after the finals?"

"No, I mean after the tournament. I heard your mom talking to my mom. She's asking for recommendation on good boarding school on the West Coast. You don't think your mom would..." he trails off and I sigh.

"She definitely would. I doubt Alfred can convince her to let me stay," I slide down the metal side of the cargo crate. 

"What about the boys?" he asks.

"What about them?" I respond. I know what he means to ask, it's  on the tip of his tongue. But I can't focus on them either. There's too many things I still don't know.

"Never mind... I rather not get into it." He waves me off and I roll my eyes. He switches his com back on pulls out a small device attached to his belt. He clears his throat. "I'm calling in a UAV. This is ridiculous."

"It says they're on the map and close to us," Oliver says.

"Well clearly that not right because we don't see anyone," Erick retorts. Jake and I both get up slowly. Something isn't right. The ocean glare gets in my eyes, and I squint before realizing something. Just like the first match, its possible to interact with the terrain.

"You don't think-"

"They're in the water!" Jake interrupts me with a sudden outburst. Suddenly we hear gunfire going off and the announcer tells us the bomb has been set. I look at the watch that on my wrist, telling me how much time was left. There was 2 minutes left and counting. 

"Luke, an update on who's still alive?" I ask.

"Just you two and everyone else on their team... Just throw this round and take the next," Luke advises.

"Then we'll loose momentum. They could come back and win this. We should at least try," Jake replies.

"Try to win? It's 6 versus 2. There's no way," I say to Jake. I was completely on board with Luke's idea. Coming back and winning this, when the odds were against us sounded like a fairy tale. However the serious look on Jake's face told me there was no way he was going to be giving up that easily. I let out a sigh, "what's the plan?"

"I knew you were a smart one," Jake pats my head. He takes off the safety aim before nodding for me to follow. "I'll take point. If I die, just let them win."

"Of course princess, anything else you request?" I ask. He gives me a wink before turning his attention to the front.

"When we get close, defuse it," he says. We head down backtrack to where we spawned, taking every step with precaution. We enter the the small area behind two stacked crates near A, but no one was in sight. We hear footsteps hitting the metal of the ramp. Jake and I nod at one another, he points up and then motions me to go around.

We break formation, and I hear over to where I can climb up onto the platform. I hug the crates, keeping an eye open for enemies. I look at my wrist and see 1 minute with 30 seconds left in time.

"Go," I hear Jake say quietly. I climb onto the pallet of packages and before I get onto the crates, someone pulls me back down. As if on instinct, I reached for my pistol on my fall down and shoot whoever pulled me down. The bullets go straight through him and I hit the concrete taking shelter in the opened shipping crate next to it.

"One, behind you!" I hear voices shout. I wait a second, catching my breath as the bullets stop. 

"Jake?" I whisper. There was nothing but silence on the other line and I fear for the worse. How could I go? I should just surrender.

"Yes princess?" he replies.

"Should I diffuse the bomb?"

"No, let it go off," he retorts. I can practically hear the eye roll happening. "I'll cover, but one of those guys shot me in the thigh, so I won't be able to move much."

"I'm on it," I say. I peak my head out, scanning the area before I move behind bomb A. "Luke I'm ready."

"7-4-2-9-3-0-1-4-2-7," he says into my ear. I mumble the number back to myself. I begin plugging the numbers in and I hear a gun go off. I look past my shoulder to see Jake sitting on the corner, aiming.

"Focus! 2 left" he shouts. "30 seconds left." 

He's right. Focus Jaz, you fucking idiot why are you focused wether Jake is shooting someone or not.

"7-4-2-9," I repeat back. I hear Jake groan and see him on the ground wrestling with someone. Even if it's not real it must've hurt like yell. Another guy comes running around the corner, the same guy who literally jumped me. Jake grabs his feet and tackles him to the ground. I turn back around and focus on the bomb, now lost at which number came next. I press 4. he bomb loads before it rejects the code.

"6-1-8-3-1-7-0-5-2-8." I groan as I restart from the beginning with different numbers.

"Jaz!" Jake shouts as I hear the power struggle going on behind me.

"I know!" I shout. I start quickly pressing buttons trying to remember the order. I feel someone grab my leg, and I look back down trying to kick him off. He decides to start climbing over, trying to press in any button he can reach with his long arms.

"Jaz! 10 seconds and counting!" Jake says and I press whatever numbers I could remember and hit enter. The loading symbol appears again before it accepts the code.

"Bomb disabled," the announcer says. I look at Jake who gives me a smile after looking at his watch.

"Nice job, brat. Nice job," he acknowledges while holding it up for me to see as well. 0.73 of a second left. The difference in going to the finals or not.

~~~~

I jammed out to this song while writing. Holy. Very inspirational.

Next update will be out by Sunday, July 15 by 11:59:59. This actually helps for some reason? Feels like I have homework due. Hopefully internet is fixed by then. If not, I'll try updating from my phone. :) Have a great weekend!