Ch. 46 On the Highway to Hell

Peek-a-boo. Here's an update. Now I'll be inactive again for another 3 months. Have fun :D

-----

Lucas hands me a helmet once we reach his motorcycle. Samantha was close behind us followed by Lizzy who was uttering curse words over how ridiculous the tradition of the king and queen dancing together is. 

"Shit, it's cold as hell," Lizzy says while crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's almost winter Liz. Of course it's going to be cold," I respond. She gives me a snarky look and Samantha tilts her head a bit.

"The dress is too long, it's going to get ruined," she mumbles. Lucas's phone goes off, and he sighs while pulling it out of his pocket.

"You're worried about that now?" Lucas asks before answering the phone. "Yeah, Oliver?"

"This pains me, but tear the dress," Samantha says while looking away.

"Tear the dress?" I ask. I know how Lizzy is when she creates a piece of clothing. she treats it as if it were her own child. Now, she's asking me to tear off the fabric. Not only that, but the temperature was dipping down, and I would be on the back of a motorcycle without any protection against it. We both look at her and Lizzy just sighs. She only nods once, giving us permission.

"We need to go, there's an accident we need to go around," Lucas says. He slings his leg over the motorcycle and starts it up with a roar. 

"Do it," she nods.

"Jaz, sorry." Lucas mumbled. He pulls me back and grabs the fabric of the bottom half of the dress. All I could hear next was the tearing of fabric as Lucas does it for the three of us. Lizzy winces as the fabric falls to the ground, and now I have a third of the length of the dress that was once there. Lucas shrugs off his jacket and throws it on me. "Here, put this on."

"But I'm already wearing a jacket," I protest trying to hand it back to him.

"That thing little mink coat isn't going to do shit. Just wear the leather jacket over it," he says. "Hurry, princess, you need to think like Cinderella and skedaddle on before midnight strikes."

"Fine," I say while slipping it over my other jack and hoping onto his bike.

"Thank god you're wearing safety shorts," Samantha says.

"Have fun children. Kill Nick for us," Lizzy says.

"Good luck," Samantha says while Lizzy gives us a thumbs up. "Well get there as soon as possible."

I was about to say something but Lucas just roars his engine and drives off. I look back and see them waving furiously at me before heading back inside. I wrap my arms around Lucas holding him as the wind rides against us. Lucas was in and out of traffic, barely dodging cars and trucks as we made our way closer to he downtown area.

"Theirs an accident up ahead, do you know any side streets from here?" he shouts barely over the roar of the wind. I nod and point to an exit that was closely approaching. Even though I couldn't hear him, I know he said to hold on tight as he makes his way from the third lane to the exit lane. Cars were honking at him for suddenly cutting in front of them, but Lucas didn't care.

Instead he just kept going.

"This one!" I yell and he exits off the highway probably going close to 60. Once on the side street, he sped his way down. "Slow down that lights red!"

"It'll change!" he says as he speeds up.

"Lucas!" I shout. He was going to kill me. Oh my lord, he was a mad man. "Lucas!" I shout again as we were right in front of the light. Lucas must've saved a country in his past light because it turned green as we hit the line, and he continued driving down the side lane.

I could feel his body shake from laughter, no doubt the adrenaline in his system is at an all time high. We zoom past the staples center, already close to our destination, and he makes a right and hits the breaks so hard the bike lifts up from the back but doesn't flip entirely over.

"Jesus fucking christ," I shout as we the back wheel hits the ground. I look up and see the with the ground again.

"Shit. We aren't going to make it if we take the street," he says.

"What does that mean?" I ask him.

"I mean. A motorcycle is technically a bike," he says while looking to his right. 

"Are you fucking insane?" I say. He doesn't respond but instead he take the sidewalk avoiding the traffic. People move out of the way as Lucas shout at them, and I just know this is going to end up on twitter and snap. He gets back on the main street as the traffic clears up, and I hit his back with one of my fist. "You maniac!"

"Only for you princess," he says. We make a left and I see an outline of the building as well as Oliver who is standing outside with Erick and Jake.

"Hurry!" they shout. Lucas pulls up in a matter of moments, and to my surprise Henry is there as well.

"Henry?" I ask bewildered by his appearance here. I unclip my helmet which he takes it from me as if this was perfectly normal for him.

"Yes Ms. Beaumont?" he asks. The guys make their way into the building, probably up to the room we were in.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I look at him one last time.

"Did you think I would allow you to attend a function full of barbaric men? Do you take me for a fool Ms. Beaumont? I will have you know that your safety is my top priority after your grades. 'What am I doing here?' What a foolish question, the question you should be asking yourself is what are you doing here? Don't you have a tournament to win?" he asks me. He gives me a small smile. "Good luck Ms. Beaumont. I will be cheering for you."

"Hurry up Jaz!" Oliver says.

"Thanks Henry. I owe you," I give him a smile in return and run into the building following the guys. I look at my phone, we barely made it in time with about two minutes to spare. To face Nick, both of us would have to win the Semi-finals, and boy do I want to crush the smug look he has on his face.

That pompous asshole is going to get what he deserves.

-----

Lol jk. Semester is done, finals are done. I'll be back to updating. I know I said I would finish this a long time ago, but there's not many chapters left. I'm mostly rewriting this book from scratch so thats why it takes long to update. 

But another update will be out in the following week. That is for sure happening, it might be around 2 am central time, so be on the lookout for that.

Thanks for all the love.

-Kim