Ch. 10 'Sick' Day

I literally fell out of bed when I realized it was almost noon. I took a glance at my phone. 32 Missed calls, and over 100 messages. I had a feeling the messages were more from Lizzy and Samantha, and the calls were from Henry or possibly even my mom. I couldn't figure out which was worse, my butler or my mother.

Either way, I ran out of Jake's room and headed straight down stairs. Maybe I can find Helen or Alphonse or just somebody to ask who had the sanity to not wake me up or a school day. No instead I see all three boys sitting on the couch playing one in the chamber like total idiots. WHAT THE HELL?!

"Jake," I said slowly as he glanced back at me. "WHAT THE HELL?! IT'S TWELVE!"

"What?" he responds, as if it was normal waking up at twelve, before Oliver punches him in the arm. "Ohhh, right you crashed in my room for the night. Then I tried waking you up this morning and you wouldn't budge."

"Are you kidding me?" I ask in disbelief. I think he's seriously trying to pull a prank on me.

"Yea, we all tried to get you to wake up," Lucas informs me. "You missed the best chocolate chip pancakes on earth."

"So she's a heavy sleeper which can be good and bad," Oliver says with a small smile.

"So school?" I ask them all as they shrug.

"I called you in sick," Jake says. "By the way when you were pretty much dead on my bed, you kept mumbling something about bras?"

"You didn't have to say that out loud! You moron!" I yell at him as I chuck one of his throw pillows at his head. It hit him square in the face as Lucas and Oliver had to keep themselves from laughing out loud. I triumphantly walk back to my room and unplugged my phone from its charger. It was about lunch time right now, so better get it over with sooner than later.

I regret it instantly as my phone lights up with 34 missed calls, and 72 unread messages. So Henry seemed to have stayed up really late waiting for me before furiously calling me again 3 hours later after 2 am. Looks like Samantha and Lizzy are also wondering were I disappeared off to this time. I like how my friends say this time.

"Ms. Beaumont I do believe today is a school day," Henry informs me as he picks up on the first ring.

"I know, I accidentally crashed at Jake's, but onto another important topic Henry. I'll be staying at Jake's for sometime because of difficult situations," I inform him as there was a slight pause. "Henry?"

"I'm sorry Ms. Beaumont, could you repeat that again?" he ask me as I let out a sigh.

"I'll be staying at Jake's house for a while so that you shouldn't worry," I repeat as I head back to Jake's bathroom and slip on one of my strapless red polka-sot shirts along with some jean shorts. Even in early October the weather was still nice enough to wear shorts.

"Ms. Beaumont it is well advise that you shouldn't stay at the house of a young man you have no current engagement with," he tells me as I almost drop my phone. DID HE JUST SAY ENGAGEMENT WITH?! "But if it's for the tournament then I suppose it is inevitable under these sort of circumstances."

"W-wait... how did you know?" I say to him as he clears his throat.

"It is my responsibility, as your butler, to keep an eye on you and your activities. Plus it is hard to distract myself when you are constantly yelling 'they are shooting at me' very loudly from your room. Also a letter came in the other day about this tournament along with your tournament draw," he tells me as I nod my head. So if Henry knew... then does that mean he's making fun of me?

"So... you understand right?" I say to him.

"On the contrary, I do not comprehend why you would need to stay at Jake's house for this sort of thing, but if you really must then it is only in my power to advise you on what to do," he adds. So is this a yes or no, Henry, I need to know.