Ch. 39 Double Trouble

Swiggity Swag, would you look at that. An update. <3

~Kim

~~~~~~

I tap my fingers on my desk. I tried to wrap my head around Lucas' actions. They didn't make sense, but at the same time, they do. I had overwritten the memory of Erick telling me the guys like me. It was with the fact that Jake and Noni are dating. I really need to start remembering these things.

"Jaz," Mr. Rayburn called my name aloud. My attention snapped back to reality, and I looked up at the desk where he had an impatient look on his face. "Would you like to care to share the class what you were daydreaming about?"

"Probably how she demolished that team in the first round."

"Or how she jumped out a window!"

"That was so badass!"

"Or what about when she blew up that car and said 'It's Queen you peasant?'"

"Class settle down!" Mr. Rayburn yelled. He looked at me with a disapproved gaze, and I looked at the ground. "Ms. Beaumont, a school is a place for education. It is not a playground for gossip. It is not a place for you to bring your personal issues into the classroom. You are here to learn. You and your cousins are all alike, egocentric and self-absorbed. Somehow, you manage to make everything about you and, while that might slide with some teachers, it will most definitely not slide with me."

"What do my cousins have to do with any of this? I wasn't the one who brought up anything. I'm a teenager, I'm sorry that I have other things going on in my life other than school. Besides, what we're learning is useless. When Will I ever need to annotate The Count of Monte Cristo? Will it help me get a job? Will it help me go to college? No, it's useless. This whole lecture is useless. I will never need this in my life, ever. It's bullshit that you can compare me to my cousins. I've always listened to your boring lecture and aced your exams, and unlike them, I actually try in school!" I yelled back. At this point, I was on my feet, with my hand on my desk. My blood was boiling. For once, I don't want to be compared, for once I was to do normal things.

"Jaz!" Samantha whispered to me. "Calm down."

"Don't Jaz me," I snapped at her. "Honestly, you're the last person who can say anything to me. You act like I murdered someone, because, God forbid, I play video games. You know what Samantha, it's a past time It happens. I don't have to be all about makeup and fashion. I can have other hobbies. Sorry if that's not acceptable to you, but I don't need your approval nor permission."

"Jazmine!" Lizzy said as she yanked my arm.

"You know Ms. Beaumont, you make some intriguing point. Let's see what the principal has to say on your notion. Pack your bag, because until you can learn on how to behave yourself in my classroom, you are not allowed to walk into this room."

~

So apparently exercising your first amendment the right to protest, doesn't apply in classroom settings. Because there are policies in place that prevent so from happening. So my outburst gave me a 3-day suspension, and because I was suspended, my mother was contacted. So here I am, on the curb, outside the school, waiting for my mother to pull up.

Within 10 minutes of waiting, my mother pulled up in her black Lincoln. I nodded to the driver as I opened one of the back doors and slid in. There she was, on her tablet and phone, multitasking away. Wonderful, I have time to mentally prepare myself.

The driver began to pull away, and she cleared her throat and put her devices down.

"This is new Jazmine, even for you."

"Mom, I was defending myself. He was being biased and making unnecessary points. Don't you think I had every right to defend myself? I didn't do anything wrong," I replied.

"Jazmine, that isn't what your principal or teacher said. They said, and I quote, you were 'a distraction to the classroom, had trouble setting aside personal issues, acted out passive aggressively towards another classmate, and called the curriculum bullshit.' Jazmine, this is precisely why I didn't want you playing Video Games, they are linked to aggressive behavior and carnage. They fill your head with nonsense and lies," she said. "So when you get home, I expect you to reflect on your actions, and write a letter of apology."

I bit my lower lip and clicked my tongue. "No, I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not going to write a letter to apologize for something that wasn't my fault."

"Excuse me?" she questioned as she looked up at me. "This isn't up for discussion."

"No, it is. Since when did you decide what was best for me? Mom, you're never home. You didn't raise me. Henry raised me. You and dad work late all the time. For god sakes, you guys have a suite in the company building so you can spend the night there. Don't act like you're home so often. You are never home. When was the last time you called me to make sure I was okay? When was the last time we went out as a family? When was that? You inviting me to go grab brunch with your friends at the last minute isn't necessarily hanging out. So I don't even think you can say you know me," I snapped at her. Maybe it was the fact I was still angry with what happened at school, or I needed to get this off my chest, but I'm done hiding my feelings.

"Jazmine Layla Beaumont!" My mother yelled as she slammed the window. I looked out the window to realize we were slowing down, and I held onto my bag. "You do not speak to me like that. I know I haven't been around much, but I am still your mother. So you need to respect me."

"Well if that's all we have to say, then I'm leaving," I said as I open the door and got out of the car. I slammed it behind me, and quickly walked away from the car.

"Jazmine! Get back here this instance!" my mother shouted from the car. I half-heartedly waved goodbye to her, and disappeared into the crowd.

~~~

Oh would you look at that, I'm alive.

Yes, I am back and motivated. I will finish this book this year. So updates will be as frequent as possible. Thank you guys for being patient! I love my readers so much. And If you liked this story check out my other story,

Silent Love

Other than that, follow me on twitter because everyone has twitter.

@ kimimontes

Trust me, you won't regret it.