37: Nugatory

Also comments and votes are much appreciated :))

________

"

The very essence of romance is uncertainty." -Oscar Wilde

Nugatory (adj.)- Trifling, worthless

)- Trifling, worthless

Ares' POV:

"Even if I was a passing autumn to you....."

Was I having that nightmare again?

"Assign 300!"

This was the dream where they defibrillated me. It was an attempt to make a corpse live. It was the same nightmare that I lost my eyes to.

I would still often feel the zaps of electricity travelling along my blood and nervous system, small shocks merging into a big one and my body convulsing upwards in an attempt to revive my heart.

Sounds mingled, mixed with the chaotic cacophony of the past.

Is this what death felt like?

A never ending bridge of white?

A chaos of non-existent sound?

"We're losing him!"

"We can't lose him!"

"...You will forever be my spring."

Darkness swirled and opened to a colorful path. Some colors I recognized, some I didn't. My mind like a kaleidoscope, changed patterns, shapes and hues. I was dreaming of colour.

Specks of red I recognized, white.... Pink... grey....

My body jerked forwards, a gasp escaping me as I discovered myself in the all too familiar darkness. My nerves slowly awakened themselves from their slumber.

I realized I had been dreaming, a reflection of memory when I hung between life and death.

"He is awake!" I heard Archer's voice ringing through the room.