#2

________________________________________________________________

"So, this is where I live."

"Hmm not bad."

As you entered Yelena's condo, dimly lit and quiet. It smelled like vanilla and cinnamon candles. You dragged your suitcase along as you followed behind her. She showed you around before leading you to the room you would be sleeping in. "I tried to clear out as much as I could," she mentioned. "I used this as a storage room."

"It's fine," you replied as you went in. "I'll manage."

"Cool, I'll let you get settled in." She smiled, leaving and shutting the door behind her. You looked around the room. The walls were a dark shade of grey, the curtains to the window were a deep shade of red tied to let some of the sunlight in. But there wasn't a bed.

"Good looking people shouldn't sleep on the floor, it's bad luck," you groaned. You didn't bother unpacking since there weren't any proper places to put your belongings. You left the room in search of Yelena who was in the living room doing work things. You cleared your throat, "I'm in need of storage boxes for my things and a bed so if you don't mind-"

"I already got that covered," she cut you off while still focused on her computer. "I made arrangements so that everything you need will be brought here today." You were taken aback by her response, not expecting her to be twenty steps ahead of you.

"Oh...okay."

________________________________________________________________

"Wow, you really did get everything I needed."

"Great isn't it?"

No longer than a couple of hours, everything for your stay at Yelena's place was brought in. The workers she paid even set it up for you. It took time to get everything in place but you were still satisfied in the end. Damn she really got it like that. You thought. I would kill for this. As you stood in the doorway of your new room, you admired the view. Interrupted by a pair of eyes, looking over you can see Yelena walking your way. I need to tell Eren about her.

"What do you like to eat?" She asked, "I'm making dinner." You couldn't exactly pinpoint it but something was really off about her. You weren't sure if she was purposely doing it to throw you off or that she was actually like that. You weren't going to make it obvious that it was making you feel uneasy so you tried to brush it off.

"Anything is fine," you shrugged, "I'll eat whatever."

She nods and let's you know when it will be ready before walking off. You watched her before going into your room, shutting the door. You quickly picked up your phone and searched for Eren's contact. "He better answer." You called him, hearing the ringing. You sighed in relief once he picked up.

"Hey Y/N-"

"You remember when I told you about that person I was looking for?" You cut him off.

"Don't tell me you're still on that," he sighs. You could hear that he was disappointed. "Y/N, you can't do this to yourself-"

"No listen...I'm literally her bodyguard."

It seemed as if he was drinking something hearing him spit out. "Wait what, really?!" He shouted through the phone. You hummed, beginning to rant about it.

"She grew out her hair too, remember the description I gave you? It was totally different. When Levi showed me her profile I instantly recognised her. Now that I'm here I can see if she was part of it or not," You rambled.

He hummed, "I'm supposed to say no but I really agree with you on this one. But Levi-"

"No, we are not telling him. This stays between us, got it?" You opened the door to make sure she wasn't around, lowering your voice as you continued. "But I can't make it obvious. It may be her but I ain't gonna be loud and wrong."

He laughed, "You're always loud and wrong dummy."

You scoffed, "And that's where you're wrong Jaeger. I hope your hair falls out."

"Fuck you, you're just mad because I look better," he hung up before you could even say anything. You laughed as you shoved your phone in your pocket.

I gotta take my time with this. You thought to yourself. You decided to go down to the kitchen once you smelled what was being prepared. Peering around the corner, you see Yelena leaning on the counter. Even though her back was facing you, she still knew you were there.

"Ready to eat?" She asked, turning your way. "Your plate is ready." You nod as you walk into the kitchen. You couldn't lie, the food smelled really good. She passed you your plate, "Hope you like it. It's not really my best." You could feel how expensive the plate was, not wanting to drop it. The meal she had cooked appeared to be a bunch of stewed vegetables. You recognized the dish but forgot what it was called. "Have a seat over there, I'll sit with you."

Hesitantly, you walked over towards the round dining table. It was covered with a grey tablecloth, a vase of fresh roses in the middle. It was plainly decorated but it complimented the style of Yelana's place. You sat down slowly, clearing your throat. You started to eat satisfied with the delicious taste on your tongue. "This is really good," you exclaimed, taking another bite.

"Glad you like it," she sat down across from you. She only stared at you as you proceeded to eat. Noticing, you eyed her oddly.

"What?" She poisoned me didn't she?

"Nothing," she laughs, resting her head upon her left hand. "Tell me about yourself. I should know a few things about my bodyguard." Her eyes were fixated on you as she waited for your response.

Talking about yourself wasn't something you were fond of. Not that it was hard to do, you would make yourself seem affable to other people but deep down you felt like nothing was special about you. But your looks of course, everything else was more on the sad side which you weren't going to talk about. Not to someone like Yelena. "Well I graduated young...sixteen to be exact. You could say I'm pretty smart." That's a good start right?

"Oh? Well, did you go to college?" She asked, playing with her lip ring. Her eyes never left yours, letting you know that she was listening and interested in your response.

"The year after I did," you replied. "But it was cut short due to personal reasons." She hummed in response, not bothering to ask about that.

"Any hobbies?" She asked. "What do you do in your free time?"

You fidgeted with your fingers while you tried to think of something. All of a sudden it was like you didn't know yourself. "Ah, I like to workout...and I like shopping I guess."

"It appears we have similar hobbies," she smiled, "There's a gym down on the first floor too."

You nodded, letting out a small laugh. This is better than I expected. Resting your elbows on the table, clasping your hands together, you gave her a winsome smile. "We'll get along perfectly then."

AN//: Ok so imma try to update at least 2 chapters every Tuesday or Thursday cause I be kinda busy💀 hope you don't mind.