#7

__________________________________________________________________________________

"How long do you think she'll be like this?"

"Not sure, if she needs more time, so be it. She did witness something horrible."

The girl could only stay silent. She had been in a state of shock for about a week now. None of the nurses could get a word out of her. Detectives also wanted to speak to her but each time the incident was brought up, the poor girl would flip out.

On that night, the young girl had lost the only person close to her. On that night, she went from being excited to traumatized. On that night, she walked into her home, and witnessed a ghastly scene. And that ghastly scene was the lifeless body of her younger brother.

8 years ago Aug 24 2013

"Shoot, my brother should be home now I should get going."

"Alright, let me know that you made it home."

You said your goodbyes to your manager before you left. Your job wasn't too far from your house, it was only a fifteen minute walk back. You made sure your job was close to home just in case of emergency. You put on your headphones and played some music as you walked up the block. You hummed the chorus of the song as you looked at street lights and cars you passed. I wonder if he had dinner already. You thought.

When you got to your house, you ran up the stairs as you saw the front door open. Dropping all of your things immediately as you thought of your brother being in danger. Calling out to him you stopped. Eyes wide as you stood in the doorway. There he was...on the floor. You could only imagine how hard he tried to get away from the slashes on his body. You gagged at the sight. Running out to the porch as you threw up over the bar.

You were trembling. Dropping to the ground, staring out in the street. Your neighbor who always sits on her porch around this time wanted to greet you until she saw your expression. Running over, she gasped. "Oh my..."

"I'll call the police, I'm so sorry." Tears ran down the woman's face as she dialed the number. "H-hello, y-yes we need you to come quick!"

You sat there. Everything around you was fading. You couldn't hear anything, see anything. Just black. You felt as if you were drowning, but you weren't fighting to survive. You sunk deeper into this black pit. You hadn't even realized the sirens of the police and ambulance. You couldn't hear a word your neighbor was saying.

Why did this happen?