#11

______________________________________________________________________________

A couple of days later you were discharged. Now you are back to doing what you always did ever since you became Yelena's bodyguard. Ever since Yelena walked out on you oddly previously, you noticed she hasn't been her usual self. Every time you would ask her about it she'd change the subject. You knew she was hiding something and you wanted to know. She hadn't been giving you suspicious vibes lately but this may be something you want to look into, if she just tells you or it slips out.

"You know," you started as you placed the menu down. She decided to treat you for whatever reason but you didn't complain. She brought her attention to you as you continued to speak. "I used to think you were a weirdo. But we get along pretty well."

She let out a soft laugh, "I figured as much. I think so too." She locked her fingers together while resting her elbows on the table; gave you a small smile. "Wanna know what I thought when I first met you?" Judging by her tone and facial expression you weren't too sure if you wanted to know or not.

"It doesn't seem like it'll be appropriate," you say as you squint your eyes.

"I thought you were cute," she said. "That's all." She picked up her menu where it covered her face and all you could see was her bed hair. She tilted the menu down as if she wanted to see if you were still looking at her in which you were. You could see her eyes peeking over at you.

"What?" You laughed. "Are you nervous?"

She scoffed, "No."

You cocked your head to the side, your lips curling into an asymmetrical smirk. "I don't believe you." You tapped your finger on the top of her menu, "Let me see your face."

"There's nothing to see," she replied.

"Yea whatever-" You were cut off by one of the servers. A bubbly high pitched voice filled your ears.

"Yelena? Is that you?" You stayed quiet and watched the woman get all giddy and reach down to hug her. It was the only thing you could do while you watched the sudden reunion. "I haven't seen you in like...forever!" She laughed as she stamped her feet happily. She finally acknowledged your existence as she peered at you. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is this your girlfriend-"

"You're good," you cut her off. "She's not, continue."

"Oh...well then I'll be serving you, the other server had an emergency leaving. Is that alright?"

You nod with a soft laugh as if you could complain about it. You could feel Yelena's eyes on you that you barely ignored as you leaned back in the seat, slightly manspreading. Your eyes searched for her name tag which wasn't where you thought it'd be. So now you probably looked like a creep, hoping she didn't notice.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"It's Tiffany," Yelena answered. "An old friend from high school."