#19

To your surprise, Yelena was a little joyous today

To your surprise, Yelena was a little joyous today. Greeted you in the morning, made breakfast, she even asked for you to be her gym partner. Not that you were complaining but it was a new sight. You didn't ask about it though, not wanting to ruin the mood. The day went by smoothly and with no obstacles. Or so you thought.

Timeline of events

7am-10am

You woke up to the smell of food. It's obvious that Yelena is cooking since she's the other person who lives here. Sitting up and grabbing your water bottle, you pop a couple of your meds and chug down the water until there's none left. Getting out of the bed, you go to the bathroom to freshen up, doing your daily routine that consists of brushing your teeth and skincare. When you left the bathroom, you went out towards the kitchen where you see Yelena cooking on the stove.

"Good morning," she greeted.

"Morning," you replied, furrowing your brows at her hype tone. Sitting down at the table and scrolling on your phone, you tend to acknowledge Yelena's mood. She seems to be in a great mood today.

In a couple of minutes, she sets a plate down in front of you along with a glass of orange juice. You thank her before you start to eat. She sits across from you and starts eating as well.

"What puts you in a good mood today?" You ask.

She shrugs, "Nothing in particular. Just feel like today's gonna be a good day."

"Yea? Me too."

After eating, she cleaned both your dishes and then asked if you wanted to go down to the gym with her. Of course you agreed, why not? You were down there for half an hour. Spotting each other, chatting and laughing, trying each other's workout routines. It was nice. After, you came back up and the both of you took your turns in showering and freshening up.

12pm-3pm

Armin came over for a while, just to check up on the two of you and what not. He filled Yelena in on work things. Even he noticed Yelena's mood and asked you about it.

"I'm not sure Armin."

"Did anything happen?" He asked.

"N...no." Actually...now that I think about it. "Nope, not that I recall."

He raises his brows, "Are you sure? That doesn't sound sincere."

"Yea, you'll probably have to ask her about it," you replied. "Or not."

He throws his hands back in  defense, "Nope, I'm good."

Yelena leaves her office and asks Armin to talk to her for a bit. That was your cue to go to your room. Falling onto your bed and staring at the ceiling you went deep in thought. Is it because of last night?  Could be. You weren't going to think so much about it. Your phone rang and you answered it.