#14

Waiting for the day to be over as usual, you sat in the chair near the door scrolling on your phone while Yelena sifted through the papers on her desk

Waiting for the day to be over as usual, you sat in the chair near the door scrolling on your phone while Yelena sifted through the papers on her desk. The both of you sat in silence as if you were strangers. Barely sparking up a conversation. It's been a couple of months since you became her bodyguard, everything has been going smoothly. You're doing well keeping her out of enemy's reach and your suspicions of her are officially low. It's the same routine everyday and you were okay with it.

"We'll leave in a little bit," she said as she stood from her chair. "I'm going to the copy room."

You looked up from your phone seeing her pick up a couple of manilla folders. Sliding your phone in your pocket, you stood up, "I'll come with." You gestured for her to pass you a couple of folders to assist her with holding them. "If that's good with you."

"I don't mind," she replied. "It's kind of a long walk though."

"Fine by me." You let her walk out first then followed behind her.

"Another company wants to team up with me," she mentioned. "Armin told me this morning."

"That's good," you replied. "Are you going to accept it or something?" You looked at her.

She shrugged, "I'm not sure. I've suggested a collab some years before, I can't believe it took them this long to change their mind. It's so sudden."

"Oh since you're already working on something right?" You asked. "Like a project or something like that?"

She nodded, "Yea, so the request may not be accepted yet. But this is where Armin comes in." She goes on about how Armin is good at negotiating and being able to plan everything in a way that everyone wouldn't be working overtime and getting super exhausted. "We don't need to worry so much since we have him on our team."

In a way, you got a clear understanding of Armin's position. You weren't sure what it was since you only see him giving stacks of papers to Yelena and then leaving out for the time being. But you also weren't part of the business career so of course you wouldn't have known. You hardly know about Yelena's position.

"That makes sense," you say. "So you'll be having a meeting about it soon?"

"Yea, but Armin and I will talk more about it first before we announce it to the rest of the team. We have to be certain about it."

You nod slowly. I wouldn't last thirty minutes with this job.

"It sounds like a lot," she chuckled. "It is, but I still love it."

The both of you walked down the long corridor eventually getting to the copy room. You passed her the folders and waited near the door as she went to the copy machine. The room was plain. Creme shade walls with not even a picture in sight. There were a couple of chairs and a small table near the slightly large window. It was more than one copy machine which you thought made since it would speed time if more than one person came to copy something.