Part 5

CHAPTER 6 !

'Mommmmm!'

'I'm coming, I'm coming!

'We are gonna be late!'

'Oh, hush!' My mom 'shh'ed me. 'What's the hurry anyways? You have like half an hour till your little shift or whatever starts.'

I hadn't told my mom that I was meeting Harry at the carnival. All I told her was that I was volunteering at one of the attractions- the dunk tank. I had my swimsuit underneath just to convince her more. If I told her I was meeting Harry, then she would have spied on us or asked me a bajillion questions. So I kept our little.. date between just Harry and I.

'J-Just c'mon!'

'Alright, alright! Done!'

My mom ran and got her purse and we quickely walked to the car.

'So, where's the carnival?' My mom asked me a little awkwardly.

I smacked my forehead. 'You don't know where it is?'

'Uh, no. It was your responsibility to get the address or whatever.'

'Ugh. Um..' If I had Harry's number I would call him, but I don't. I sighed.

'Oh, wait! My friend, Cathy, said that she is taking her daughter to a carnival in town. I will call her.' My mom took her phone out of her purse and dialed a number.

While my mom talked to her friend, getting directions, and scribbling them on a piece of paper; I sat just thinking about what kind of rides Harry and I would go on. I smiled to myself. My mom started the car and off we were.

We arrived to flashing lights and a gigantic Ferris wheel. 'Wow.' I said in amazement.

'Yeah, it's nice.' My mom confirmed.

'Okay, well, pick me up around 9:30?'

'9:30. Okay, will do. Love you Leelee.'

'Love you too, mom.' I hopped out of the car and walked towards the entrance. My mom drove away, as I approached the ticket booth.

'What can I get ya, honey?' A man with an oddly long beard and bushy eyebrows asked me.

Before I could answer his questions someone right behind me spoke. 'I will get her 25 tickets, please.' I turned around and gasped to find Harry taking out his wallet.

'Harry!' I beamed. He looked up at me and smiled. He started to hand the man a $10 bill. 'Oh, no, you don't have to, Harry.'

'Don't worry about it, Lianna.' Harry smiled a little wider. I blushed.

The man handed me tickets and told us to have fun. Harry and I walked side by side away from the ticket booth and closer to the rides and games.

'What do you want to do first?' Harry asked me.

'Hmm. Let's go in the haunted house?' I suggested.

'Yeah, sounds good!' Harry agreed.

We walked to the haunted house and waited in line. 'Do you like haunted houses?' Harry asked me.

'Eh, I'm not a fan, but I like to face my fears.' Harry smiled at my answer. We reached the front of the line and gave the woman in striped overalls 2 tickets each.

CHAPTER 7 !

*Harry's POV*

We walked through the doorway of the haunted house. Behind us there was a family with 1 kid probably 2-3 years younger than Lianna and me, 2 older figures, probably their parents, and in front of us a couple about 17-18 were holding hands. In the very front was the guide.

'Alright, you victims! Are you ready to pee your pants?'

Whoops and cheers erupted from everyone. We started to walk. It was pitch black. I was about to whisper something to Lianna, but a clown popped out of the wall and Lianna jumped and screamed and took hold of my hand. I think my heart stopped for a second. She was holding my hand. Wow.

We rounded the corner and a gust of air blew in our faces. Lianna squeezed my hand a little harder. 'Don't worry, I got you.' I reassured her with a smile that she probably could feel. She giggled and replied with 'I know.'

*Lianna's POV*

I hadn't noticed I grabbed his hand until he squeezed mine with reassurance. It was an unusual but comforting feeling-holding his hand.

When he told me 'I got you'. My heart nearly melted. All I could do was smile and say two words. He was so cute.

We had to walk up a ramp and go through some streamers to enter a hallway where the walls moved and it seemed like you were moving when you were only standing on a panel.

I began to get dizzy. I closed my eyes to stop the feeling of spinning. I rest my forehead on Harry's shoulder. I felt Harrys's hot breath come near my ear. 'Are you okay?' He whispered. I could only nod my head because if I opened my mouth, I thought I might've thrown up. 'I think the tour or whatever is about done, just close your eyes, and keep hold of my hand.' I lightly smiled and squeezed his as to agree with what he suggested.

Before I knew it, we were out. The feel of fresh air rehabilitated me. The queasiness settled, and I felt 10x better.

'What happened? Are you okay now?' Harry asked worried.

'The spinning got me dizzy and made me feel sick. I'm better now, though. A little hungry to be honest.'

Harry chuckled. 'Well I'm happy you're feelin' better. I'm a tad bit hungry too. Lets go eat?'

'Sounds good.' I say, smiling.

We get to a hot dog booth. 'Do you want a hot dog?' Harry asked me.

'Mhh-hm!' He gets out his wallet. I slap his wallet out of his hands and run to the cashier person.

Iwillhave2hotdogstogo..please!!' I say really fast & give him $2 before Harry even reaches me.

'What th-'

'Um, I wanted to pay this time.' I smile.

Harry starts to laugh. So do I. 'Well thank you.' Harry says smiling. I nod and smile.

CHAPTER 8 !

Harry and I finished finished eating our hot dogs. He bought us a bag of cotton candy to share. We ate about half the bag, and the rest I put in my purse for later.

'Do you want to go to the carnival games?' Harry asked.

'Oh yes! I love those!' I giggled.

We walked over to the game where you throw a baseball at the 3 milk bottles.

'How many rounds?' The man behind the table asked.

'One, please.' Harry said.

The man handed him 3 baseballs and moved out of the way. Harry stepped back, moved one of the baseballs from one hand to the other. He brought up his knee, moved the hand that had the ball towards his ear, he stared at the milk bottles, and CLASH, down went all 3 bottles before I could blink.

He did the same thing with the other two baseballs.

I clapped all excited as he brought me a big stuffed teddy bear that had a winky face.

'Awww!! It's so cute! I love it.' I was so happy. This was like a fairytale. I-ugh I can't even think right now.

Harry looked at me and smiled. I looked him in his sparkling green eyes, took a step closer to him. He put one hand on my cheek and the other one on my hip. I placed my hand on his arm. He lent into me. His eyes began to close, and so did mine. Before I knew it, we were kissing. A cute romantic smooch. We pulled away. He rested his forehead on mine. 'Wow' was all I managed to say.

I could feel Harry smiling. He pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. I smiled.