Surprise Date and Technical Difficulties

Their date outfits are somewhere on here
Dipper's POV
~~~~~~~~~~
I walk over to Pacifica's locker, where she's putting up her chemistry textbooks. When she senses my presence, she looks over at me.
"Oh! Dipper!" she says, and wraps her arms around my neck. I hug her back.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight?" I ask her.
"Of course, silly. What time?"
"Around 8:00'ish or so." I respond
"Why so late?" she asks.
"Well, after all, it is Friday, and what I have planned won't start until half past." I explain.
"What time does it end?"
"11:00 maybe." I say.
She thinks this over for a minute before agreeing. I take her hand and we walk out. I pull up to her house and walk around to her side to open her door. I walk her to the door, and she gives me a peck on the cheek.
"Remember, I'll pick you up at 7:55 on the dot." I remind her.
"Ok. See ya later."
"Bye."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pull up to her house at 7:54. I take my time walking up the front sidewalk, and knock on the door just as the clock says 7:55. Mrs. Northwest answers the door.
"Hello Dipper." she says.
"Hello Mrs. Northwest. You are looking stunning, as always." I compliment.
"Why, Dipper, you have such superb manners. I'm sure your mother is very proud. Pacifica will be down in a moment."
Pacifica descends the stairs, not noticing me.
"Mother, do you think these shoes would look good with these jeans?" she asks.
Pacifica finally sees me and blushes. I take in her outfit, and she looks beautiful.
"Wow, Pacifica, you look.... Wow..." I can't even form words because she's so beautiful. She blushes even harder.
"Well, you want to get going?" she asks, trying to change the subject.
"Yes. Thank you Mrs. Northwest for letting Miss Northwest accompany me on this escapade. I will get her home ten minutes early and in one piece." I say. Mrs. Northwest chuckles and walks us to the door. She waves us off.
"So, what first on the agenda?" Pacifica asks.
"I was thinking drive-in."
"What's playing?"
"Some spanish movie, The Interview, and a Barbie movie."
I think for a moment, weighing our options.
"On second thought, how about we skip the movie and go somewhere else, say the boardwalk?" I suggest.
"That would be amazing." she says.
We turn around the car and head to the beach where I had my "first kiss". I park the car and open Pacifica's door for her and we walk up the sidewalk to the wooden boardwalk. I tentatively reach for her hand, and she laces her fingers with mine. I grin. We walk up to the ticket booth and buy a bunch of tickets. I have a feeling that we'll be here a while.
"What do you want to do first?" I ask.
"Wanna go ride the Ferris wheel?" she asks.
"Sure."
We walk up to the Ferris wheel and hand the carny our tickets. As soon as we get in the cart, the wheel starts moving. Once we get to the top, the lights go off and the wheel shudders to the top. A voice booms over the crackly intercom.

"Attention valued customers. At this time, we are experiencing technical difficulties. I'm sorry to say that the mechanic will be here in over two hours. I apologize for the inconvenience. Because we care about your safety, I advise you to stay where you are. Thank you again."

Me and Pacifica are stuck here for over two hours.
"Dipper, maybe I should call my parents. They are pretty strict about curfew" Pacifica says.
"I'll call them. It was my idea to come here anyways." I reply.
"But Dip-"
"No. I insist." I say.
"Ok." she gives in. She hands me her phone and I pull up her mother's contact. I push call, and she picks up after the third ring.
"Pacifica? Is something wrong, kitten?" she asks.
"Um, Mrs. Northwest, hello. It's Dipper Pines, there's been a predicament." I say.
"Oh no. Is my daughter ok?" she asks worriedly.
"No ma'am. We went to the boardwalk, but the power went out, and we're stuck on the Ferris wheel. They said the mechanic wouldn't be here for over two hours. I'm sorry to say that your daughter will be late tonight, and it's all my fault. I'm terribly sorry, Mrs. Northwest."
"Oh, Dipper. That's all right. I know it wasn't your fault. It doesn't matter what time she gets home, as long as she gets home in one piece. I appreciate you calling me to tell me of your change of plans. That takes a huge amount of courage. I'm glad my daughter chose you." Mrs. Northwest says.
"Thank you. Good bye Mrs. Northwest." I say.
"Good bye Dipper." I end the call.
After a few hours, the ride ends, and we're on solid ground again. I drive Pacifica home, and then I drive back to my own house. As soon as my face hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I'm sorry this took so long to update. I tried to write as much as I could, because I had a big idea of how I wanted this chapter to go.
Teaser for tomorrow: Prom anyone?
Thank you guys so so much, and I'll see you when I see you. Bye!
-Hallie 😍