What We've all Been Waiting For

Pacifica's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finish up my makeup, which was very well done if I say so myself, and step back to look at my reflection in the mirror. I don't look too bad. I'm wearing a blue and white checkered gingham dress that stops a few inches above my knee, red rose wedges, a red rose headband, red rose earrings, and my hair is up in a bun. I grab my iPhone 6 and walk out into the living room where Dipper is playing Five Nights at Freddy's on his phone. He looks up and smiles.

"Wow. You look amazing." he breathes. I blush and look down at my shoes.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yeah. Let's go." he says, grabbing my hand. I start to head for the car, but Dipper stops me.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"To the car?" I say like it's obvious.

"Oh, we're walking. Sorry. I guess I didn't make that clear." he says sheepishly. I laugh and we walk down the sidewalk into town. An older couple passes us and they smile. We walk into a cute Italian restaurant.

"Hello. Table for two?" the man at the front desk asks.

"Yes please." Dipper answers.

"Right this way." He leads us to a table at the back. It overlooks the city of Portland. A waiter approaches our table.

"Can I start you off with some drinks?" he asks.

"I'd like a Coke." I say.

"I'll have Coke as well." Dipper says. The waiter scribbles something in his notebook.

"Can I get you some appetizers?" he asks. Dipper looks down at the menu.

"We'll have some calamari and mozzerella sticks." he says. The waiter nods and gives us a friendy smile.

"All righty then. Your appetizers should be ready in about ten minutes." he says. He walks off to the kitchen. Dipper turns to me.

"Pacifica, when I first met you, I thought you were the worst when you trashed Mabel in front of the whole town. It was only when you hugged me at your house that one night did I feel like I was wrong. Every time I look at you, I feel so lucky to have found someone like you. You are amazing, beautiful, and kind. When you left for college, I was so sad. A few weeks after you had left, I watched The Book of Life, which if I remember correctly, is your favorite movie, and when Maria left for Europe, I noticed that Manolo ran farther than Joaquin after Maria's train. When he said 'I will wait for you.', I realized that I had to go on without you, even though it hurt me. And when he married Maria in the end, I never lost hope that I would find you again. I love you, Pacifica. And I will only ever love you. Even if you leave me for a town heartthrob like Joaquin, I will be like Manolo, and wait for you." Dipper pours out. Suddenly, he stands up, and pulls me to my feet.
Is he doing what I think he's doing? He kneels down, holds my hand, and looks into my eyes.

"Pacifica Elise Northwest, will do me the absolute honor of marrying me?" He pulls out a satin box and opens it. The ring is beautiful, a single band overlapping itself, with diamonds all around it. I feel tears streaming down my face, and I try to fight a sob working its way up my throat. I'm silent for a moment, trying to find my voice.

"Yes. I will marry you." I finally manage to choke out. Dipper grins and stands up. I kiss him, tears still streaming down my face. I hear people clapping and turn back to see Mabel, Chris, Grenda, Marius, Wendy, Soos, and Grunkle Stan. They were all dressed like waiters! I laugh.

"It's about darn time!" Wendy exclaims. We all laugh until we're purple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everybody! I lied. The new chapter would be up today. Sorry! I hope you liked that! I have been waiting for a while to write this chapter. I'm going to start a QOTD (question of the day), so here we go! What season is it where you live?
AOTD: Spring
Thank you all so so much for everything! I love all of you, and I'll see you when I see you. Bye!

-Hallie 😘