Crying in the Rain

{Mild drinking and swearing in this chapter}
Chapter inspired by the song "Wasting All These Tears" by Cassadee Pope
Pacifica's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dipper, I-" I begin, but stop when I see Candy standing in my living room, kissing my husband. He's got one hand in her hair, and the other one is on her face. I gasp and stumble back.
"Dipper? Wha-?" I stutter.

He doesn't even open his eyes. I feel tears run down my face. I stumble to the babies' room and grab Adelaide (The others were at my mother's; Adelaide was sick). I grab a suitcase and throw clothes in it, not bothering to check what I'm throwing in. I also throw in some nappies for the other babies. I storm out of my room and risk a glance back at the living room. They're still going at it. I decide to write Dipper a note.

Dear Dipper,
Since I came home to find you a little 'occupied', I've taken Adelaide to Mabel's. I've given her strict instructions not to let you see her. If you ask for me, I won't be there. I thought you loved me enough not to be like my father. I guess "Till death do we part" meant nothing to you. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't. I still love you even though you really hurt me.
Love,
Pacifica

I ran out of the house and dashed into my car. I carefully buckled Adelaide up and started the drive to Mabel's. I knock on the door, tears still streaming down my face. Mabel opens the door, looking happy, but that all fades when she sees my face.

"Pacifica? What happened?" she asks gently. I shake my head and she ushers me inside. She puts on some tea and leads me over to the couch. She takes Adelaide upstairs to the twin's room, then sits down with me.

"Now, tell me all what happened." she says.

"Well, I came home from dropping off Josh, Wren, and Theo, and I was going to tell Dipper what we were having for supper. I walked into the living room to find Dipper and Candy kissing. He wasn't even making an effort to push her away. His hand was in her hair, the other on her face. Even when I spoke, he didn't stop. So, I grabbed my stuff and Adelaide and came straight here." I explain, still crying. Mabel pulls me in for a sisterly hug. Suddenly, I get an idea.

"Mabel, can Adelaide stay the night? I'm going to try to take my mind off of this." I ask. She agrees and I give her the instructions about Dipper. I drive off in my car to a place that I had never been before; the bar. I step out of my car, regret still clouding my thoughts. I push it towards the back of my mind and push open the door, instantly bombarded with the acrid smell of cigarettes and cigars. I try not to cough as I approach the bar. A gruff-looking bartender looks at me questioningly, I don't blame him; I'm a 5'3 petite blonde woman with wide blue eyes. I could easily pass off as a young teenager. He snorts and looks at me again.

"ID, please." he says tauntingly. I take out my ID and hold my breath as he inspects it. Finally, he sighs and gives it back.

"What can I get for ya?" he drawls.

"One beer please." I say politely. He smiles a little and hands me a cold one. I give him some money and take a sip. It burns, but in a good way. After a while, I've had about 3 or 4, and I'm already pretty drunk. I remember a song that reminded me of my situation.

Tried to find you at the bottom of a bottle.
Layin' down on the bathroom floor
My loneliness was a-rattlin' the windows
You said you don't want me anymore

And you left me standin' on the corner cryin'
Feelin' like a fool for tryin'
I don't even remember why I'm wasting all these tears on you
I wish I could erase all mem'ry
'Cause you didn't give a damn about me
Oh, finally I'm through
Wastin' all these tears on you.

Finally, I got tired of being here. I knew drunk driving could end badly for me, so I decided to take a walk. As soon as I stepped outside, it started pouring. I left my umbrella in the car. I just decided to deal with it.

I thought I would be okay walking in the rain, but it turns out that it just makes me sadder. I had been walking for hours, the buzz of alcohol long gone. Suddenly, a particularly strong memory of me and Dipper resurfaces. We're walking home one day when we get caught in a downpour. I am disappointed because my hair looked really good that day, but now it was ruined. Dipper noticed my little pity-party and started to dance in the rain. I laughed and started dancing with him. That memory is enough to break down the dam I had been holding up, spilling everywhere. I fall to my knees, my legs unable to support themselves. I ball up and sob, my shoulders shaking. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up and see a little girl about five or six standing above me.

"Are you all right?" she sweetly asks.

"Yeah." I sniff. She cocks her head to the side.

"Why are you crying?" she asks.

"Well, someone that I love very much hurt my feelings bad." I explain in a way that she can understand. She nods and bends down to hug me.

"It's all right. When I hurt my brother's feelings, my mommy makes me give him a hug. He always cheers up when I hug him." she says innocently. I laugh through my tears and sit up straighter.

"So what's your name?" I ask.

"Lucy." she smiles. "What's yours?"

"My name is Pacifica, but you can call me Pazzie." I say.

"Lucy!" I hear a voice call.

"Oh, that's my mommy! I have to go. Bye Pazzie!" she says. She hugs me once more then runs off to her mother. It's amazing what a little girl can do to your attitude.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have fully embraced the hate I'm going to get for doing this to your feelings. Honestly, this was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I hope y'all aren't too mad at me. Thank you so so much! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share!
-Hallie 😘

Respectfully yours,
Hallie Lou