What in the World Happened?

{There's two important Author's Note at the end, make sure to read it!}
Chapter inspired by the song "Moments" by One Direction
Dipper's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sit on the couch watching Doctor Who when I hear a knock at the door. I sit up begrudgingly. Whoever interrupted my Doctor Who marathon was going to pay. I open the door, expecting Mabel or Pacifica's mother, but instead I find Candy. I thought the last time I'd have to deal with her was at the wedding.

"Oh, Candy? What are you doing here?" I ask warily. She doesn't say anything, she just takes a step towards me. On impulse, I back away. I'm about to ask her to leave when she breaks into a full-speed run towards me. She pushes me against a wall and starts to kiss me. I try to push her away by grabbing her hair and shoving her face. She doesn't stop, if anything she just goes harder.
I really hope Pacifica doesn't come home right now...
I think that the world hates me because I hear the garage door open and close. The kitchen door opens and in walks Pacifica. She's looking at her phone.

"Dipper, I-" she begins, but when she sees us, a look of pure terror and sorrow passes over her face. I shut my eyes because I know I'll start crying if I look at her directly.

"Dipper, wha-?" she stutters. I hear her run into our bedroom and the closet door open. Even through the thick walls I can hear her strangled sobs. I try once more to free myself from her, but Candy's got an iron grip. I hear Pacifica get Adelaide and run into the kitchen. She runs out of the front door and zooms off in her car. Only when I can't hear her anymore does Candy release me.

"What the heck was that?!" I yell. She cackles and runs out. I collapse on the couch, my mind reeling with thoughts. I fall asleep, exhausted from what just happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up with a stiff back. Even though I highly doubt that Pacifica came home last night, I can't help looking in our bedroom for her sleeping figure in the bed. I trudge into the kitchen to make some coffee and breakfast when I see a note on the refrigerator. I read the note. I don't even bother to brush my hair when I run out of the door. I get in my car and hastily drive to Mabel's. I knock on the door. Mabel opens it with an amused expression on her face.

"Took ya long enough. She's back in the guest bedroom. I'm not supposed to let you see her, but since you look like a madman, I'm sure I can make an exception." she sighs. I mutter a "thanks" before rushing through her house to the guest room. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see her tiny frame on the bed. She looks so beautiful; her face is serene, peaceful, her hair frames her face like a halo. She looks like an angel. I sit down on the bed next to her and watch her stir. She groggily opens her eyes.

"Mabel? Is that you?" she asks sleepily.

"No, my love. It's me." I whisper. She looks panicked and scared.

"D-Dipper? Why are you here?" she whispers frightfully.

"I came to tell you that I'm sorry. Candy just came out of the blue and kissed me. I had no intention of hurting you." I explain. She ponders this for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Dipper, but I need some time to think about this. I'm not sure if I believe you or not." she says at last. I sigh and walk out of Mabel's house dejectedly. I get into bed with the words of one of Pacifica's favorite songs stuck in my head.

Close the door
Throw the key
Don't wanna be reminded
Don't wanna be seen
Don't wanna be without you
My judgement is clouded like tonight's sky

Hands are silent
Voice is numb
Try to scream out my lungs
It makes this harder
And the tears stream down my face

This song is really accurate...

I miss her so much...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, y'all! I hope you guys liked this chapter! You have all of my support to rage on Candy... Thanks for 30k!

Author's note #1
This summer, I'll be able to update more frequently. Do y'all want short and daily chapters, long and weekly chapters, or updates every few days like I normally? I need to know in order to start planning for future chapters!

Author's note #2
It would be a really good idea to follow me on Instagram because I give out teasers for new chapters! If you'd like to follow me, my username is __hallie__pines__

I remember that we haven't done one of these in a while, so here we go!
QOTD: Do you like One Direction? If so, who is your favorite band member?
AOTD: I love One Direction! My favorite band member would have to be Niall... 😁

Thank y'all so much for all your support! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share!
-Hallie Lou