Senior Prom and Scavenger Hunts

Pacifica's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight is prom night. I have been asked by tons of boys, but none of them are my boyfriend. I wonder if he forgot...
I'm reading a fashion magazine when the doorbell rings. I open it and a suited man hands me an envelope.
"Delivery for Miss Northwest." he says.
"Thank you." I say. This is weird. I open the envelope. It says:

Dearest Pacifica, I bet you're wondering what's going on, but that will be revealed in good time. This is a scavenger hunt. The first place you need to go is the Hair Salon on West Street, and make sure to ask for Betty. She will give you a certain haircut. Thanks, and I love you.
~Dipper

So, he wants me to go on a scavenger hunt? Ok... I walk downtown to the hair salon. I walk up to the front desk.
"Is Betty here?" I ask.
"Oh, yes. I'll call her for you." she says. She goes back into a room, and a sweet older lady steps out.
"Hello dear. You must be Pacifica. Dipper told me a lot about you. You are even prettier in person!" she says.
I blush, and pray that it's not noticeable. By the way she laughs, it is. Betty leads me into a room and sits me down into a chair.
"Dipper had specific instructions on how to do your hair. He said to do it in a fishtail braid. Something about how he had seen you with one before, and he thought it made you look stunning." she says. Betty starts to work on my hair, telling me that she's Dipper's grandmother, and telling me how adorable he was, and how he turned out to be so handsome. When she finishes, she spins my chair around. I look in the mirror and suddenly, my breath is taken away.
"Wow, Ms. Betty. It's beautiful. How much?"
"On the house, sweetheart." she says.
"Please let me pay you. It's too beautiful to be free." I say.
"Your gratitude is payment enough." she says. She walks me to the door, and hugs me.
"Oh, before I forget, Dipper told me to give this to you." She hands me an envelope.
"Now run along dear." she says sweetly.
"Thank you so much, Ms. Betty." I say. I open the letter. It says:

Now that your hair has been done, go to the little french boutique on South Lake drive, and make sure to ask for Rochelle. Thanks, and I love you.
~Dipper

So now I have to go to a boutique? What has my boyfriend planned out? I head onto South Lake, and see the little french boutique. I push open the door and walk up to the front desk.
"Is Rochelle in today?" I ask.
"Yes... I will go get her." she snootily says. Geez... I wonder what's gotten her panties in a wad... A very plump, very sweet looking lady comes sashaying out from the back.
"Hello, you must be Pacifica. I'm Rochelle. I'm Dipper's aunt. So very nice to meet you." she says. She holds out her hand for me to shake, and I shake it.
"Now, you're probably wondering why Dipper sent you here. Well, the other day, he came over asking for the most beautiful dress I had. I showed him tons of dresses, until he saw one in the very back. It was Dipper's mother's grandmother's dress, very old, and very vintage. He loved it. I asked him for your measurements, and he gave them to me. Turns out, it is just your size. You see, his great-grandmother loved it as well, but it was a size too small. She decided to save it for her daughter, but it was also too small. It was passed down a few more times, but each time, it was too small. It has never been worn, and it is in mint condition." Rochelle explains.
"Wow. That dress has a bunch of history." I say.
"Would you like to see it, dear?" Rochelle asks.
"Yes please." I say politely.
She leads me into a small room and grabs a bag with a dress inside off a rack. Rochelle unzips it and pulls out the dress. It's a turquoise dress with snow-white lace along the bust and it flares out at the waist and tumbles out in light waves at the foot. It's so breathtakingly beautiful. Rochelle prods me.
"Come on now. Try it on." she urges. I look around and see that there are no changing rooms to hide my body as I change. Rochelle seems to notice this.
"Don't be afraid. There's nothing I haven't seen in all my 25 years as a seamstress and fitter." she assures me. I take off everything until I'm in my underwear. Rochelle unzips the back and helps me into it. I turn around and gasp when I see myself. I look beautiful.
"Dipper was right. He knew you would look perfect." Rochelle whispers.
"Ok, Rochelle. I'm going to have to pay you for this. Let me pay for this beautiful dress." I say.
"No. Dipper said to not let you pay. He even went so far as to keep you in the shop until you wouldn't pay." Rochelle says. I laugh.
"Before I forget, Dipper told me to give these two things to you." Rochelle hands me a pair of white pumps and another envelope. It says:

Now that you've got the dress and the shoes, you need the makeup. Head onto 22nd street and go into the Ulta. Make sure to ask for Gina. I'll bet you don't want to walk a half mile in pumps, so I called a cab to come pick you up at 7:35. Be ready. It's your only ticket there. Thanks, and I love you.
~Dipper

Rochelle walks me to the door just as a yellow cab pulls up.
"Now run along, and make sure to take pictures tonight!" she calls as I'm ushered into the cab.
"22nd street please." I tell the man.
He drives for a few minutes before stopping in front of the Ulta. I walk inside and head over to the front desk.
"Is Gina here?" I ask the girl.
"Yes. She's over in the makeup department." she says.
"Thanks." I say. I walk over to the makeup section and head to the other desk.
"Hello. Are you Gina?" I ask the friendly-looking teen.
"Oh yes. In fact, I am her!" she says cheerily.
"And you must be Pacifica. I'm sure you've met my aunt, Betty. Dipper's told me a lot about you." Gina says.
"What did he send me for?" I ask.
"Makeup! My specialty." Gina happily says. She leads me to a counter full of makeup, and begins to work. She does the basics for making your skin more perfect than it actually is, a perfect smokey eye, applies perfect mascara, and perfect lipstick. She's done in five minutes, flat.
"Wow, Gina you're really good." I compliment.
"Thanks. Dipper told me to give these to you." Gina hands me a box with specific instructions on not to open until I reach my final destination, and another envelope. It says:

Your makeup is now done, I bet you look beautiful. This is the final location, I promise. I'm sorry to say that you'll have to walk. But it'll all be worth it, I promise. Make sure you follow these instructions perfectly. Head west from the Ulta and walk exactly 20 paces into the park entrance, and hang a left. Once you've turned left, walk past the statue of your ancestor. Wait exactly 35 seconds, then turn around. Thanks, and I love you.
~Dipper.

Ok... Now I have to walk through the park. I do exactly as he says, and wait 34 seconds until I hear footsteps behind me. I wait one more second, then I turn around to see my goofy boyfriend standing there.
"Pacifica, you look beautiful, like always. I know you've been kept waiting all day, so I'm going to go ahead and cut to the chase. Will you be my date to the prom?" I hug him.
"Yes." I whisper.
"Good. Because that would've been a huge letdown if you said no after 4 months of planning." he says. I pull away from the hug and look at him.
"Four months? You planned this all for me, for four months?" I ask.
"Yes, but it was all worth it. I get to go to prom with girl that I've had a huge crush on since I was 13." he chuckles. He looks at his watch.
"It's time to go. I rented a limo, and I don't want to keep it waiting." he says. He takes my hand, and we head off to prom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy everybody! I hope you enjoyed this kinda long chapter. I had to cram a lot of this into one chapter. But don't worry. There will be a Prom: Part II. Thank you all so so much, and I'll see you when I see you. Bye!
-Hallie 😍