Memories

FLASHBACK (MIDDLE SCHOOL)

Middle school is like the transition period of your life. You discover new emotions, make mistakes and learn new things. My life in middle school was going pretty great. I had a few friends out of which a girl called Giselle was my best friend. We became really close during the first year. Everything was perfect, we cherished our friendship.

BTW, middle school is also when you have your first crush. Mine was Jake. We were in the same class. I fell for him when I saw him feeding a stray kitten. Now isn't that adorable. I and Jake got close through a partner project. I really liked him and I sensed he liked me too.

I wanted to confess my feelings, but I was nervous considering it was my first time. Therefore, I thought I could ask Giselle for her help. I went to her, telling her that I needed to talk about something. She told me that she had something to confess too.

"I think I like Jake. I'm going to confess to him."

And my biggest fear came true. I had noticed that Giselle recently had been hanging out with Jake, a lot. She would ask him out for coffee, would ask to study together and what not. Had I known it was Jake all long, I would have stepped back. I could see she really liked him, but I liked him too.

flashback continues in the next chapter..